DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app will not install

teccer

Reactions

CWOWDEFU Tablet 8 Inch Android 11 Tablet PC 2.0 GHz Quad-Core Android Tablet Full HD Touchscreen Tablets 2.4g 5g WiFi GPS HDMI OTG, Metal Body​

I've just bought a new android tablet,it is 64bits and 2 gb ram, the same as my samsung tab that works, I've installed litchi but when I try to install dji fly it will not install, why, any ideas?

CWOWDEFU Tablet 8 Inch Android 11 Tablet PC 2.0 GHz Quad-Core Android Tablet Full HD Touchscreen Tablets 2.4g 5g WiFi GPS HDMI OTG, Metal Body​

I've just bought a new android tablet,it is 64bits and 2 gb ram, the same as my samsung tab that works, I've installed litchi but when I try to install dji fly it will not install, why, any ideas?
Have you downloaded the fly app directly from DJI's website? The play store version does not work any longer.
You can download it from Here.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I've never heard of the Fly app working with anything under 3gb of ram.

The error you're getting only happens when the device is not compatible.

that's a shame as it's brighter and has got HDMI on which is what I needed for my goggles, looks like it might have to go back
I'm wondering if it's a security switch that needs to be turned off. I have hear of androids not wanting to install apps outside of the play store.

Did you try after uninstalling Litchi?

Reactions: a2tomm
Did you try after uninstalling Litchi?
That would not make a difference. But he did say in his original post "I've installed litchi but when I try to install dji fly it will not install, why, any ideas?"
Installing Litchi will not make the Fly app compatible with an uncompatible device.

That would not make a difference. But he did say in his original post "I've installed litchi but when I try to install dji fly it will not install, why, any ideas?"
Installing Litchi will not make the Fly app compatible with an uncompatible device.
Except that installed Litchi may be taking up limited space on the device, unless it truly is an incompatibility issue.

Except that installed Litchi may be taking up limited space on the device, unless it truly is an incompatibility issue.
You won't get that msg for a storage issue. If it's a storage issue it will tell you that you don't have enough. You are over thinking this. The Fly app is way more of a resource hog than Litchi. It takes better/faster hardware to run it.

Last edited:
The Fly app is way more of a resource hog than Litchi. It takes better/faster hardware to run it.
And the Cwowdefu tablets are cheap, entry level tablets with bottom-of-the-line processors. Prices from $ 69 to 119 indicates they are not exactly state of the art.

It's the cpu size that matters, need over 2.0GHz for Fly. Check both your devices, my ipad mini 4 (1.5 GHz) won't run Fly without overload but mini 5 (2.5GHz) works fine. Might Google others to see if you can bypass or turn on anything stopping install as well.

It's the cpu size that matters, need over 2.0GHz for Fly. Check both your devices, my ipad mini 4 (1.5 GHz) won't run Fly without overload but mini 5 (2.5GHz) works fine. Might Google others to see if you can bypass or turn on anything stopping install as well.
ok but now I've given up with tablets, I've got my spare samsung s6 mobile out and loaded djifly/airdata and litchi, all working perfectly, so now ordered a set of vr goggles that I can fit my phone into, I know I won't get an immersive view but the main thing is that in bright sun I'll have a decent view instead of trying to shade the screen, better that my sunshade I use on my samsung tablet.
thanks all for your info

Reactions: Tufargon
I had that problem too. I watched a YouTube video which explained how to deal with this problem. As long as your Android device is compatible with DJI Fly, eg has the capacity for it to work on there, you can install DJI Fly on it in 2 or 3 steps:
(1) You download it to your device from DJI website.
(2) You use APK Installer app (I think that may be available on Google Play) to install the app to your device
(3) You change settings as needed (permissions) to allow the APK Installer to put the app on your device. Unfortunately Android devices seem to have a default setting where they do not allow installation of some apps. But you can change the settings to allow the installation.

I had that problem too. I watched a YouTube video which explained how to deal with this problem. As long as your Android device is compatible with DJI Fly, eg has the capacity for it to work on there, you can install DJI Fly on it in 2 or 3 steps:
(1) You download it to your device from DJI website.
(2) You use APK Installer app (I think that may be available on Google Play) to install the app to your device
(3) You change settings as needed (permissions) to allow the APK Installer to put the app on your device. Unfortunately Android devices seem to have a default setting where they do not allow installation of some apps. But you can change the settings to allow the installation.
No need to use APK installer if you just allow in the settings to either allow/trust the apk to be installed or just allow apps to be installed from unkown sources (depends on the device what you have to allow).

Reactions: Hermey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga