DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app

Sounds like I will just relist it back on ebay when it gets here. Probably lose a few bucks.
Surprised as old as these things are now no one has hacked them to be unlocked.
You haven't even tried it.
I'm surprised that you think you can't use the drone like hundreds of thousands of other users do.
What exactly is the issue?

Sounds like I will just relist it back on ebay when it gets here. Probably lose a few bucks.

The mini 2 can be 'unlocked' and is still a very capable and well-featured little drone, but in order to use any DJI drone fully: you still have to create a kosher DJI account first... that's just the way they operate. No-one on this, or any other forum will tell you different.

Just because you create the account doesn't mean Big Brother starts constantly looking over your shoulder. All data transfer except for the Ocusync control and video feedback can be locked into a closed loop between the drone: the controller and the device you use as the flight screen (Local Data Mode). Put the flight screen device into 'airplane mode' as well and it will be a case of 'Silent Running' with one glaring exception....

The transmitted control signal that steers and operates the drone in flight is a different matter altogether - that can't be blocked and can be eavesdropped by any facility using DJI AEROSCOPE hardware (usually airports, airfields, etc.)

The transmitted control signal that steers and operates the drone in flight is a different matter altogether - that can't be blocked and can be eavesdropped by any facility using DJI AEROSCOPE hardware (usually airports, airfields, etc.)
It can .... but it would be extremely rare.
It would only happen if you were to fly within range of one of the few operating Aeroscope units.
And providing you weren't doing something illicit like trying to fly over a prison, airport or defence facility, there would be nothing to worry about.

Probably for the best. If you can't get thru the registration process flying the thing will be an expensive adventure for you
Not to be harsh BUT ALL companies have registration processes for their products.
The government does NOT use this info to send out the "Black" Helicopters to your home.
Nor will the IRS use this info to audit you. Its just like when you filled out the warranty card for your toaster. The cops didnt show up................or did they? :eek:

Reactions: msinger
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
A separate screen device allows for the easy installation of non-DJI flight apps like Litchi and Maven
In this case, Litchi and other 3rd party apps could be installed since 3rd party apps can be installed on the Smart Controller. For newer DJI RC's though, it's certainly not a great option for anyone who doesn't want to use DJI apps to fly.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Probably for the best. If you can't get thru the registration process flying the thing will be an expensive adventure for you
Not to be harsh BUT ALL companies have registration processes for their products.
The government does NOT use this info to send out the "Black" Helicopters to your home.
Nor will the IRS use this info to audit you. Its just like when you filled out the warranty card for your toaster. The cops didnt show up................or did they? :eek:
For the toaster? Possibly not.... but the fire brigade might...🤪

I have not registered anything I've bought and I do not put apps on my phone that use the internet. I do not give out my phone number or email at the store check out either. My plan was to download the app with my real phone and bluetooth the app to another old phone with no data. Now I find out every 3 months you need to sign back into the app? So I'd need internet again to do that. There is no reason at all for this. Now that I know all this BS and search for it, I find people who have driven 100's of miles to use a drone just to find out the are logged out and in an area with no internet.

I'd probably use this drone 2 or 3 times a year just to take some photos. It isn't worth the hassle.

But anyhow thanks for all the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe