DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app

I wish the GPS # of sat's # was bigger. I assume the GPS bars are based on HDOP? During a previous flight, I noticed what appeared to be some red color on the icon in the bottom center. Not sure if it was telling me that I was exciding pitch or speed limits. Anyone know if documentation exists that describes every single OSD element? Wish we could control the gimbal speed.

One thing I noticed on my last flight was yellow border blobs on the top and bottom of the screen as if the app was overlayed onto something. This is on iPhone 10 Xsmax.
Found this yesterday, it’s for the mini, but it’s a good start:

DJI guide to Fly app

can we set the app for viewing full screen on a 20/9 smartphone screen? (es. Oneplus 7t)
Because I can see just 1/3 of the screen by now
thank you very much

I don't like this dumbed-down version and the lack of control/information it provides in constrat to the Go4. Setting battery warning limit for starters but there are also no settings for saturation/contrast/sharpness. Panorama mode is also lacking and the options for the fN button on the remote are very limited, e.g. I cannot set it to focus the map or show me battery status. I hope DJI will give us an "expert"mode in the app in a future update.

Reactions: dave27
I don't like this dumbed-down version and the lack of control/information it provides in constrat to the Go4. Setting battery warning limit for starters but there are also no settings for saturation/contrast/sharpness. Panorama mode is also lacking and the options for the fN button on the remote are very limited, e.g. I cannot set it to focus the map or show me battery status. I hope DJI will give us an "expert"mode in the app in a future update.
Do you mean the pano mode is poor, or you can’t find it? If the later, scroll down the camera modes and you’ll find it at the bottom

DJI Fly and I won't become friends it seems. Is there seriously no option to adjust gimbal speed for the wheel on the remote or to enable "smooth stop", you know so rotation will automatically slow down when it reaches the endpoint, as we had in GO4? This bothers me the most right now, I can manage without the other options but it's much harder to get a smooth gimbal transition with the MA2/Fly App in comparison to the MA1 with GO4.

Also I had a scary moment: I was flying on my 3rd battery in sport mode, cruising around at 40m height with full speed when out of a sudden the screen on my phone just went dark, I mean completely black, nothing to see from the app. I stopped immediately, pressed the back button on my android a few times and then the app came back, the drone was "parked" in the sky where I left it. Fortunately DJI has higher quality standarts for their drones, the MA2 behaved perfectly but this app is a Beta version at most. Anyone else experienced screens going dark/app crashes midflight?

And as I just realized, there are no EXP(O) or sensitivity settings and Cinema flying mode is also lacking. Man this is frustrating!

I am getting used to it, but it really lacks some finer points as everyone has mentioned above. The biggest beef I have is the hard to see telemetry. That is just idiotic. Did they not go outside and check this out?

I got to know Go4 pretty well over some time, and also got into Litchi, which in my opinion is a better interface than Go4. It should be interesting to see where the DJI devs decide to take this app, as all their new drones will be using it down the road. 64bit vs 32bit. I can live without some of the modes it lacks for the Air2, but the control functions/Expo, then telemetry, those really must be fixed.

I was actually thinking about starting a petition on change.org to beg DJI to give us back control but that plattform seems to be more human-rights oriented and I don't think that having a better app for a drone counts as that lol. But maybe we can start a petition in the forum and send this to DJI. I tried to raise my voice in the official DJI forum but other than a standard reply from an admin no one else seems to bother.

I was actually thinking about starting a petition on change.org to beg DJI to give us back control but that plattform seems to be more human-rights oriented and I don't think that having a better app for a drone counts as that lol. But maybe we can start a petition in the forum and send this to DJI. I tried to raise my voice in the official DJI forum but other than a standard reply from an admin no one else seems to bother.
What controls have been lost? The ma2 has never had the same capabilities or app as the professional offerings from DJI.

What controls have been lost? The ma2 has never had the same capabilities or app as the professional offerings from DJI.
Did you ever fly the MA1 with GO4?
- Gimbal speed
- Gimbal smoothness
- EXPO settings
- Sensitivity settings
- Gain settings
- Battery Warning adjustment
- Fn Button functionality
- Cinema Flying Mode
- Picture settings: saturation/contrast/sharpness

All these settings are present in the MA1 with GO4 and all are missing in MA2 with Fly. Plus the hidden telemtry data, obscure battery warning and stability issues.

Did you ever fly the MA1 with GO4?
- Gimbal speed
- Gimbal smoothness
- EXPO settings
- Sensitivity settings
- Gain settings
- Battery Warning adjustment
- Fn Button functionality
- Cinema Flying Mode
- Picture settings: saturation/contrast/sharpness

All these settings are present in the MA1 with GO4 and all are missing in MA2 with Fly. Plus the hidden telemtry data, obscure battery warning and stability issues.
These functions have never been available in the go fly app. The MA1 utilizes the Go4 app, so you're not doing an apple to apple comparison. I agree that I'd like to see all of those options on the fly app, but they were never there. So you can't lose something that you never had.

These functions have never been available in the go fly app. The MA1 utilizes the Go4 app, so you're not doing an apple to apple comparison. I agree that I'd like to see all of those options on the fly app, but they were never there. So you can't lose something that you never had.
No these options were available in the Go4 app. I am not comparing the Apps but the MA1 to MA2 and the capabilities I as a pilot had with the corresponding app. Coming from the MA1 with Go4 I am used to have these options and I am disappointed that DJI forces me to use the limited DJI Fly App with the MA2. I had all these options with the MA1 and I lost them because I switched to the MA2. And while the Fly App is limited, the MA2 is still the better drone so there is no going back for me. I just hope that DJI will come around and implement the same functionality that pilots are accustomed to from the Go4. Had I realized that before hand though, I am not sure I would have made the switch vom MA1 to MA2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d