DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY DON'T SHOW IMAGE IN VANKYO MatrixPad S20 10 inch Tablet

Rmcolon

Reactions
Due to the problem with my LG Phone (can't install DJI Fly), I use an old Samsung S6 to fly my Mavic Mini. Recently I bought a VANKYO MatrixPad S20 10 inch Tablet in order to use the Dronelink native application that doesn't install in my Fire HD tablet. I bought the MatrixPad S20 tablet to use only one display for my MM and my M2P. DJI Fly installed well in my new tablet and also the DJI Go 4 and Dronelink. With this new tablet I see the MM information (speed, alt, etc.) but not the camera. Any thoughts? By the way, it works great with my M2P.

Last edited:
A little late, but I just bought the vankyo s30 and had the same issue. Updated the device firmware and it is now working

A little late, but I just bought the vankyo s30 and had the same issue. Updated the device firmware and it is now working

You means the MM firmware?

I'm sure he meant the S20 firmware.

I checked and found Go and Fly display video on Samsung S20. Granted I had it do all its updates right after unboxing.

Yes, the device (tablet) firmware.

I'm understand that this is an Android device and doesn't have any firmware, except any update in the android OS version. I could be wrong, but the only updates are from the Android platform.

Reactions: Jostro65
Well, Android devices is a combination of development providers.
Theres Google providing the OS itself
Hardware providers tweaking and adding to the base OS for their devices
Carriers making their own modifications.

All of this is in a single package and updated through "software update" in settings. If you were to do a factory reset, device would revert to the latest of the installed device update. I would consider this package as firmware.

Well, Android devices is a combination of development providers.
Theres Google providing the OS itself
Hardware providers tweaking and adding to the base OS for their devices
Carriers making their own modifications.

All of this is in a single package and updated through "software update" in settings. If you were to do a factory reset, device would revert to the latest of the installed device update. I would consider this package as firmware.

I don't think that the changes or updates providers do to their applications are considered "Firmware". Google provide services but the platform is the one that provide the OS. For example, I can't run DJI Fly with a LG 4. No matter what DJI does, the LG OS doesn't provide the platform necessary to run the application. The same happens with the Fire Tablet. Vankyio provides a processing platform that runs pure android OS and don't have any "tweaks" from the manufacturer. What Vankyo model do you have?

We have different definitions about what firmware is.

By the way, even DJI firmware package is several firmware components for different hardware components. I guess by your definition only the Android OS it runs on is firmware.
Not sure what you'd call the code for the other components, like the gimbal, camera image processing, vision sensors, etc.

We have different definitions about what firmware is.

By the way, even DJI firmware package is several firmware components for different hardware components. I guess by your definition only the Android OS it runs on is firmware.
Not sure what you'd call the code for the other components, like the gimbal, camera image processing, vision sensors, etc.

Maybe you have a confusion between firmware and Operating Systems. Anyway this conversation, is at this time, became pointless. Have a good one and be safe.

Due to the problem with my LG Phone (can't install DJI Fly), I use an old Samsung S6 to fly my Mavic Mini. Recently I bought a VANKYO MatrixPad S20 10 inch Tablet in order to use the Dronelink native application that doesn't install in my Fire HD tablet. I bought the MatrixPad S20 tablet to use only one display for my MM and my M2P. DJI Fly installed well in my new tablet and also the DJI Go 4 and Dronelink. With this new tablet I see the MM information (speed, alt, etc.) but not the camera. Any thoughts? By the way, it works great with my M2P.
Did you sort out the problem with the camera not showing? I’ve got this tablet on it’s way, arriving early new year, and I’ve just seen your post. Have I done the right thing? can’t afford to spend out on an iPad.

Did you sort out the problem with the camera not showing? I’ve got this tablet on it’s way, arriving early new year, and I’ve just seen your post. Have I done the right thing? can’t afford to spend out on an iPad.

No, I still can't see video on the DYI Fly app for Mavic Mini with the Vankyo S20. Anyway, I can't afford an Ipad or a CrystalSky so with the Vankyo I use Autel, DJI Go4, Dronelink, Lichi and the other supoport applications like B4UFly, Kyttyhawk, UAV forecast, Airdate and Airmap. As a bonus, I play all my games and videos. For the price, is a good investment even if I can run the Mavic Mini app.

No, I still can't see video on the DYI Fly app for Mavic Mini with the Vankyo S20. Anyway, I can't afford an Ipad or a CrystalSky so with the Vankyo I use Autel, DJI Go4, Dronelink, Lichi and the other supoport applications like B4UFly, Kyttyhawk, UAV forecast, Airdate and Airmap. As a bonus, I play all my games and videos. For the price, is a good investment even if I can run the Mavic Mini app.
Ok, thanks for that. I’ve got Litchi so I might have to use that or one of the others you mentioned.
I have an iPad Air which I’ve had for about 4 years but I don’t want to take that out and about with me when flying, too much personal information on it to risk getting it lost or stolen.
Happy new year.

Ok, thanks for that. I’ve got Litchi so I might have to use that or one of the others you mentioned.
I have an iPad Air which I’ve had for about 4 years but I don’t want to take that out and about with me when flying, too much personal information on it to risk getting it lost or stolen.
Happy new year.

For that reason I bought the Vankyo tablet. I use only with my drones applications, nothing personal or financial there. Good thinking. Have a great 2021.

Reactions: Nearlypastit
For that reason I bought the Vankyo tablet. I use only with my drones applications, nothing personal or financial there. Good thinking. Have a great 2021.
Hi again. I’ve received my Vanyko S10. I haven’t managed to connect my MA2 to any app yet. I’ve tried with Dronelink, DJI go 4 and litchi. The tablet is running Android 9. I get as far as connecting the drone then nothing, doesn’t seem to recognise the drone. Any advice please.
Sorry to be a nuisance.

Hi again. I’ve received my Vanyko S10. I haven’t managed to connect my MA2 to any app yet. I’ve tried with Dronelink, DJI go 4 and litchi. The tablet is running Android 9. I get as far as connecting the drone then nothing, doesn’t seem to recognise the drone. Any advice please.
Sorry to be a nuisance.
You can only use the DJI Fly app with the MA2, none of the others work

Last edited:
Reactions: Nearlypastit
Bit late now, I’m returning the Vankyo and spending more on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. It’s on the list of tablets that work with DJI so hopefully I’ll be ok.
Thanks for the reply.
I know how you feel. I've given up on the Vankyo S10 since I read that you'd have to have at least the S20 to even get started. It's going back to Walmart tomorrow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032