DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly download site.

cheddar-man

Reactions
Where has the ENGLISH DJI Fly App download site gone? I had it bookmarked but now it's in German??

Why are there no longer any iPads in the DJI Approved list? I don't want to go Android!

I just did a google for the fly app and it took me to a page in English, it's downloading to computer, for Android 12 Beta, as I type.
The App Store preview shows 1.6.9 but as I am looking via a MacBook I can not check for the real thing.

Last edited:
I just did a google for the fly app and it took me to a page in English, it's downloading to computer, version 12, Android, as I type.
The App Store preview shows 1.6.9 but as I am looking via a MacBook I can not check for the real thing.
DJI does a poor job of updating the text on the download page, at least for the Android version of the Fly app. Frequently the download is a newer version that what the text indicates. Fortunately, the download incorporates the version number into the file name.

Right now, the text says "V 1.6.8" but the download file contains version 1.6.10.

Where has the ENGLISH DJI Fly App download site gone? I had it bookmarked but now it's in German??

Why are there no longer any iPads in the DJI Approved list? I don't want to go Android!
This is the download page you get when you navigate to dji.com > Support > Downloads > DJI Fly
DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

And I wouldn't assume that not listing iPads means they won't work. Neither my Android Pixel phone nor Samsung table are listed, and they both work fine.

DJI does a poor job of updating the text on the download page, at least for the Android version of the Fly app. Frequently the download is a newer version that what the text indicates. Fortunately, the download incorporates the version number into the file name.

Right now, the text says "V 1.6.8" but the download file contains version 1.6.10.
And they've been giving out the link for 1.6.12 beta like candy since the recent Android issues.

I see I boobed in post #3. Sorry I have corrected it .

if may not be 1.6.12, rather it is the Fly app for Android 12 (beta version)

Sorry should also have added the link for anyone that wants the fly app for android 12 ...so here it is....

Generally, if the version of fly works fine on an iPhone, it will work fine on an iPad..

Eventually if DJI keeps heading in this direction, you'll get something like the DJI RC with every model, because IMHO, trying to keep up with how phone and tablet makers change their OS like underwear, it must drive DJI a little crazy to perpetually update their apps for some new version of Android or a new phone or tablet..

It would be nice if the current DJI RC would announce compatibility with the Air 2 and Air 2s, that would cover their current line up with a device that would be more stable than connecting a phone/tablet to a RC

• Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Eventually if DJI keeps heading in this direction, you'll get something like the DJI RC with every model, because IMHO, trying to keep up with how phone and tablet makers change their OS like underwear, it must drive DJI a little crazy to perpetually update their apps for some new version of Android or a new phone or tablet..
That's a very good point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada