DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly gone?

HighPhlyer

Reactions
I've been having a hard time connecting my controller for my DJI Mini to my phone, so I just Googled my problem and it said to uninstall the app DJI fly and reinstall it. I proceeded to uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall it I cannot find it anymore in the App Store is it gone if so what is the best app to use to connect to my phone to my controller to my drone?

What Tomk said. is correct

iPhone still in Apple Store.

Android has been taken off Google Store and only on DJI website. Been that way for a few months now.

Not sure what others do but I carry an extra cable for the controller to phone connection. I don't like the way the cable has to be twisted when connecting and then coiled for storage. Seems to be a potential weak spot.

A spare cable is cheap and easy to swap to check the connection. Much quicker than deleting and reinstalling the app, especially when it isn't the problem.

Well Uninstaller and reinstalling didn't fix my problem and I've tried a micro USB to USB/USB type c adapter (cause I have a Samsung galaxy and yes I tried a data cable) and that didn't help either

You get it direct from DJI downloads on their website: DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI

So for us idiots how do I get this installed to my phone? I use my PC for everything, not my phone.. I am going to guess that I must go to DJI via my phone and then download it by this means? Then somehow find the APK file downloaded into my phone?

Totally inconvenient but got it reinstalled on my phone. ??

Last edited:
So for us idiots how do I get this installed to my phone? I use my PC for everything, not my phone.. I am going to guess that I must go to DJI via my phone and then download it by this means? Then somehow find the APK file downloaded into my phone?

Totally inconvenient but got it reinstalled on my phone. ??
You can either download via your phone or you can download the file on your PC then transfer it to your phone. Once the APK file is on your phone (it's similar to an exe installer file for Windows) you then need to open your file manager/browser, find the file and open it. As an added hurdle most Android devices will block direct APK installations (not from the Play store) as a security measure so the device will need the setting (usually something like 'install unknown apps') changed to allow the installation. I'd recommend re-enabling the setting afterwards since it's unusual to need direct APK installs and easy to turn off again in future if needed again but keeping the device better protected in the meantime. Always ensure you get the file direct from DJI since there's plenty people out there who take popular apps, rebundle them with ads or malware then offer them as the original APK which is why devices block them by default.

You're right it's a lot less convenient and it's a puzzling choice which I've not seen a clearcut reason for, some suggestions DJI aren't complying with Google's regulations and therefore not allowed to list the app. They're not making any money from the app so it's not like Epic where they removed Fortnite so Google weren't taking a 30% cut on all microtransactions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erechtus