DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Fly IOS update in UK

Claretcass

Reactions
Just downloaded the latest DJI fly update in the UK, says bug fixes but no mention of the “ATTI” mode problem on the mini 2 being fixed which a lot of people had reported. I have a dry day and a bit of sunshine so I will try it out later today.
Anybody who had the problem tried it out?

Reactions: old man mavic
specifically which problem?

do you refer to the gimbal not staying level?

Which update are you referring to? Android or iOS.

I had an issue with my Mini 2 going in to atti mode on my flight yesterday, and getting alot of weak gps signal messages even though it was fully locked on to 21 satellites. I’m hoping this is the atti mode problem you refer to?

Actually I’ve just realised my Mini 2 has been doing this on the last 3 or 4 flights ive had but I’ve not realised until now because I had my phone on silent most of the time and didn’t hear the voice say “atti mode”.

As others said even when taking off in open spaces with no interference and good satellite coverage (12 or more) the mini 2 loses gps and reverts to ATTI mode for no reason. Mid way through flight then reconnects, at take off and when landing.
In the UK this has been repeated on many forums by many people and it seems to be quite a big problem with some people saying its a firmware problem but nothing from dji as yet. I know the dji fly app has been updated but it may take a firmware update on the mini 2 to resolve it.

Reactions: adam3112
As others said even when taking off in open spaces with no interference and good satellite coverage (12 or more) the mini 2 loses gps and reverts to ATTI mode for no reason. Mid way through flight then reconnects, at take off and when landing.
In the UK this has been repeated on many forums by many people and it seems to be quite a big problem with some people saying its a firmware problem but nothing from dji as yet. I know the dji fly app has been updated but it may take a firmware update on the mini 2 to resolve it.
Is the drone actually going in to atti mode or is it just the warnings that occur because of a bug in the firmware? The last 3 or 4 flights ive had where that weak gps message occurs, my drone still hovered in place and never behaved like it was actually in atti mode despite the warnings.

I started to get intermittent false Atti warnings with the previous App 1.2.2 and before anyone asks the warnings started before the last two recent AC firmware updates. Flew one battery today, every was ok but as mentioned my Atti warnings were intermittent.

Knowing virtually nothing about the working of IOS I am left wondering, is it possible to back up the old app version before you down load an update and, if the update prove not to you liking, restore etc. the old app?
I know there is no "Old version repository" for IOS but ..............

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the problem on both my MM1 and MM2, so it's not the firmware. The problem went away on my MM2 after an IMU calibration.

specifically which problem?

do you refer to the gimbal not staying level?

No, I have just put a new gimble and camera on and the camera always seems to rest slightly leaning probably just the point of balance and as soon as it switches on and initialises it stands level.

I had the problem on both my MM1 and MM2, so it's not the firmware. The problem went away on my MM2 after an IMU calibration.

Yes, i carried out IMU and compass calibration after the new gimble and camera were installed before powering it up for the first time after the changes. Just got repeated “ATTI” mode messages.
Some members of the troubleshooting forum thought it was the sensitivity of the software messaging system and the ATTI mode message came on for some but not all, it was a mystery that’s for sure.

I have just completed a 40 minute first flight after the dji fly update and I have not had a single problem, home point locked, 15 minutes hovering and then up to 150 feet and a short flight. Not a single ATTI message . There were 18 satellites. We will see.

Thanks for your reminder about the IMU calibration.

IMU calibration best to run after every aircraft firmware update as well as compass.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure