DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly new update app not installed

marnat3

Reactions
I am using the Android version of the Fly app. It has been working great, but, I got a message there is an update.
When I click update it tells me that "App not installed". I'm a little confused. The update is not even for my Mini 2.
but for the app itself, right?

Uninstall the app and then download the app from the DJI website

Reactions: marnat3 and Cafguy
I have been using the app, do I need to be connected to the rc or ac for it to update?
The update does not pertain to either of my birds.

Ok. I just recently got the mini 2 and Fly app. The old Mavic Pro hasent been updated in a bit on Go4. Thank you for clearing this up. Since it doesn't apply to my mini 2 do I need to update?

I am using the Android version of the Fly app. It has been working great, but, I got a message there is an update.
When I click update it tells me that "App not installed". I'm a little confused. The update is not even for my Mini 2.
I have an Air 2S with a Pro controller and I also got the notification.
I think that it's a bug/glitch.

Reactions: marnat3
When I updated to the new firmware, I noticed that it was taking longer than usual.
To avoid overheating the Mini 4 Pro, I placed it in my refrigerator after the first 10 minutes and this trick kept the drone cool throughout the update process.
If you live in a hot climate and worry about overheating your drone on an update, try placing it in the fridge.

Check the approved cell phones before you delete you Fly app. I did it and then couldn't run the install of the new DJI Fly app on my Galaxy S22. After being told by DJI support that my phone wasn't yet in the approved list and going to ATT, Samsung, DJI, and Geek Squad all who couldn't make it work I went to ATT to see if I could buy a previous model of my phone that was approved and the associate at ATT took my phone and made the install work. Not sure what he did, but it is working fine.

My Galaxy S10 works well with both Fly and Go4. I was just asking why in the app itself it said "App not installed".
With my Android it won't download from the play store app so I have to go to the DJI website to download the latest version then install. I always seem to forget when a new version is available :}

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne