DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly on Windows 10? YES! With a little work around.

Nice!
My first thoughts is how this makes it possible to share the fun of flying!
Maybe the kids doesn't have to be quite as bored when waiting in the car when paps is freezing his fingers out, but just have to make a nice picture of the sunset or whatever!
Wonder if the connection is only possible through the web, or maybe BT will cause less of a lag?!
This needs some looking into! Thanks a lot for the tip! :)

Wonder if the connection is only possible through the web, or maybe BT will cause less of a lag?!
It's usually done via WiFi. (no Internet connection needed)
I have a similar setup in which a Surface notebook acts as WiFi hotspot and the tablet (an IPad mini in this case) connects to it and displays the mirrored image on the Surface screen.

AirplayPC.png

Zoom allows one to share the desktop with everyone in the meeting so I have started Zoom, then shared my desktop before launching my drone. Everyone in the meeting can then see exactly what I'm seeing on my phone. Zoom works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome and Android.

so interesting...will have to test this on Android...from phone to tablet...wish there was a wiki somewhere with zoom...

Last edited:
Reactions: stevemull59
Zoom allows one to share the desktop with everyone in the meeting so I have started Zoom, then shared my desktop before launching my drone. Everyone in the meeting can then see exactly what I'm seeing on my phone. Zoom works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome and Android.

Does this mean you can actually share your screen from your phone with no need for another device?
Just a bit confused with the part where you say you share your desktop. If zoom works on android, I would guess the desktop mentioned is the screen of your phone?
This must be tested!! :D

Does this mean you can actually share your screen from your phone with no need for another device?
Just a bit confused with the part where you say you share your desktop. If zoom works on android, I would guess the desktop mentioned is the screen of your phone?
This must be tested!! :D
Yes, I fly my drone using my Moto x4 and the screen of my x4 is shared with everyone that is part of the Zoom meeting. I can actually share what I'm seeing from my drone while everyone stays home.

Yes, I fly my drone using my Moto x4 and the screen of my x4 is shared with everyone that is part of the Zoom meeting. I can actually share what I'm seeing from my drone while everyone stays home.
Ohh...that is absolutely amazing!

...does it affect connectivity or whatever to the drone?

Ohh...that is absolutely amazing!

...does it affect connectivity or whatever to the drone?
I would only be guessing if I answered this. I was showing my wife how Zoom worked and noticed the share button so I grabbed the drone and put it up in the air. I did not notice any difference in how the drone performed and even when sharing my desktop my wife and we could talk to each other. I have no idea what the impact would be on my batteries or the range.

The Zoom functionality is really neat, but it only displays what is happening on the phone. The Samsung to Windows connection is two way allowing you to control the drone from the PC or the phone. And both the phone and PC screens can be on and active at the same time. I'm using a Note 10+ and a Surface Pro 3. Can't wait for the spring winds to take a break so I can try it outside.

I have been using an android cell phone and a chromecast to mirror my phone screen to my 50TV for years. I even have plans to put a 32TV in the back of my car mounted in the trunk. But this windows thing is a great idea. :) thx
If anybody wants to put there Mavic drone videos live on a Big Screen while you fly. I made a video of how to do it with a chromecast. It's on my youtube page. Enjoy.

I have been using an android cell phone and a chromecast to mirror my phone screen to my 50TV for years. I even have plans to put a 32TV in the back of my car mounted in the trunk. But this windows thing is a great idea. :) thx
If anybody wants to put there Mavic drone videos live on a Big Screen while you fly. I made a video of how to do it with a chromecast. It's on my youtube page. Enjoy.
Hi...yeah I been using chromecast from cell to TV also...but for some reason, it won't work on Tablets...will try with Zoom as soon as I get a minute.

HEY!! Thank you for the quick tip. I was preparing to screw around and experiment but the obvious eluded me with the linking feature I had seen a month back on our new Galaxies.
Cool.
Thx again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki