DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Fly, or Light Cut?

annamariaslim

Reactions
Which Dji app are you using? Just getting into editing with my M3 Classic. Figured I'd try DJI's free apps first before jumping into something like Da Vinci resolve. Pluses and minuses for each please. Or forget DJI and jump feet first into DaVinci? TIA

Agreed, jump right into Davinci. It will take a long time to learn but well worth it in the long run. Might as well get started, no time like the present.

Reactions: annamariaslim
I've done very simple things with Davinci and have been looking for some good tutorial on it. Does anyone have a good tutorial link for Davinci? I'm still using the free version (haven't needed the pro version yet).

Just wondering if you've watched this video? I've seen some videos, and some of them SAY they are for beginners, or newbies, but they fly thru things so fast and don't define terms, etc so I've found quite a few that weren't really helpful for me. I have seen some of this guys videos and he seems to be better - given the fact this video is almost 2 hours long I'd hope it was more beginner oriented, but it is always good to have personal experience.

Thanks for the link.

Just wondering if you've watched this video? I've seen some videos, and some of them SAY they are for beginners, or newbies, but they fly thru things so fast and don't define terms, etc so I've found quite a few that weren't really helpful for me. I have seen some of this guys videos and he seems to be better - given the fact this video is almost 2 hours long I'd hope it was more beginner oriented, but it is always good to have personal experience.

Thanks for the link.
Yes, for me personally, I believe Casey is one of the best and he's through and pretty good with explaining things. I hear you. Some of these guys start talking fast and what they show on the screen isn't reflecting what they are doing, their mouse pointer is flying all over the place, they leave out steps, they use phrases and buzzwords that leave you stumped and frustrated. Casey is not one of those and he has several "beginner" videos available that are both short and long and comprehensive or not, depending on what you need. Unfortunately DR is not the easiest so it's take a fair amount of explaining. But you are in luck, there are at least a dozen other good guys to help and here are just a couple of my favorites (be sure to browser thru all of their YT videos to see what you like); choose one or watch them all! These are not big time movie studio editors who talk over your heard or pretend like everyone is at the advanced level. DR is not easy, especially when starting out (especially for me); please hang in there. :)

Last edited:
Yes, for me personally, I believe Casey is one of the best and he's through and pretty good with explaining things. I hear you. Some of these guys start talking fast and what they show on the screen isn't reflecting what they are doing, their mouse pointer is flying all over the place, they leave out steps, they use phrases and buzzwords that leave you stumped and frustrated. Casey is not one of those and he has several "beginner" videos available that are both short and long and comprehensive or not, depending on what you need. Unfortunately DR is not the easiest so it's take a fair amount of explaining. But you are in luck, there are at least a dozen other good guys to help and here are just a couple of my favorites (be sure to browser thru all of their YT videos to see what you like); choose one or watch them all! These are not big time movie studio editors who talk over your heard or pretend like everyone is at the advanced level. DR is not easy, especially when starting out (especially for me); please hang in there. :)

Thanks for those links - you totally understood what I was trying to say. I watched a few videos on various subjects saying "this is for beginners" and they go about 800 miles an hour, spouting all sorts of buzzwords and I even tried to stop the video and try and understand what they were saying but it was just too much, too fast with too little context for a beginner.

I will be watching some youtube videos for a while, it appears. :)

I've done some simple DR editing (doing cuts, adding titles, audio, transitions), but I barely scratch the surface of it. After using a few different video editors I like it a LOT better than others I've tried and it has been really stable for me, unlike many of the others. The worst thing is you are editing a video and all of a sudden the program locks up or crashes...... I've not had that happen with DR.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Not to mention, Black Magic design has their own very comprehensive training online for free. Plus when you finish a module, you get a certification for that portion of the software. There's a test to take afterwards and if you pass, they give you a certificate. I believe I have one for beginning editing (somewhere but you can get certified for Fusion or Color Grading, or any of the sections of the software. Be prepared though, they make sure you really know the software before giving out a certification.

Not to mention, Black Magic design has their own very comprehensive training online for free. Plus when you finish a module, you get a certification for that portion of the software. There's a test to take afterwards and if you pass, they give you a certificate. I believe I have one for beginning editing (somewhere but you can get certified for Fusion or Color Grading, or any of the sections of the software. Be prepared though, they make sure you really know the software before giving out a certification.

Thanks for that - I never even looked on the Black Magic site for training videos - I guess I have more to watch now.....

I've spent a little time watching and thus far haven't learned a ton but have picked up a few tidbits here and there - but I still have a long ways to go. There is a LOT to learn!

Thanks for that - I never even looked on the Black Magic site for training videos - I guess I have more to watch now.....

I've spent a little time watching and thus far haven't learned a ton but have picked up a few tidbits here and there - but I still have a long ways to go. There is a LOT to learn!
This clip should help you get started on the training videos available directly from BlackMagic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown