DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY SAFE GEO ZONE MAP

YYC MAV-RIC

Reactions
"Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account."

Question: Does anyone know what an authorized user is? I have a DJI account where I registered my Mavic Mini when I purchased it. Does this make me an authorized user? Thanks

"Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account."

Question: Does anyone know what an authorized user is? I have a DJI account where I registered my Mavic Mini when I purchased it. Does this make me an authorized user? Thanks

Yes. To unlock a GeoZone you will need to define the area of flight and provide your controller ID #.

Thank you for the reply. Is this something that can be done onsite and at the time of flight or does it need to be done in advance? Also, once I define the area and provide the ID, will it automatically be unlocked or do I have to wait for an approval?

You need wifi because you need to get the SN from your controller. Then go to the GeoLock page at DJI site. Once you define your area of operations (range & altitude), time frame of operations, answer a few other questions and submit you will receive an email within a couple of hours either granting or denying tier unlock request. If denied you will need to redefine based on the reasons for denial. If approved you then use your controller to load the clearance into drone, check a couple of responsibility boxes and you're ready to fly. The drone will not fly outside of the defined area of operations.

A couple of times, but it's still a brain twister. I think you can get a 48 hour clearance if you have a local phone number. I fly mine near an airport in Honduras and apply and receive a 30 day clearance. The responsibility boxes need to be checked with each flight session. Good luck!

The process is explained in detail here:

Well...I tried the self unlocking instructions in the link above but could get it to submit. I entered the serial number and tried to “click on the pin to select an area to unlock” but it wouldn’t allow me to place a pin. I am in a blue zone near a major airport. Any idea why this would be? Thanks.

Never had to do it but my MP has two controllers so I've always figured you'd have to enter the serial number of the aircraft...not the radio controller. Wrong?

I did enter the aircraft serial number. It's the placing the pin on the map that didn't respond. I was just about one block into the blue zone. Now I was doing this on an ipad and had my Mavic Mini turned as well as the controller with my iphone hooked up and the Fly app opened.

Never had to do it but my MP has two controllers so I've always figured you'd have to enter the serial number of the aircraft...not the radio controller. Wrong?

Correct - it's the aircraft (flight controller) not the RC (remote controller).

Reactions: dronerdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven