DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Safe vs B4UFly App

gulfrider

Reactions
I’m confused what to follow. The DJI Fly Safe shows the area I want to fly as allowed (no circles or colors) however the b4ufly app shows the entire spot as red. Any advice? Thank you.

Also anothe question, if i can unlock at a Class D airspace can I fly my drone under 100 feet?

A picture is worth a thousand words... :)

One image is from DJI's Geozone page and the other is from Know Before You Fly. I apologize it was not B4UFly. Location is in Okaloosa Island, John Beasley Park. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 9.53.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 9.53.04 PM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 9.55.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 9.55.09 PM.png
    580.9 KB · Views: 46
The red zone is a National Park. No fly zone.

Class D (if there was no National Park) there requires a waiver...

How hard is it to request a waiver for a recreational flyer?

You won’t get any waiver, anywhere as a recreational pilot...AND the airspace is part of Eglin AFB/Hurlburt Field.

27192f5069c2ced2aae5380ddd729874.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I'll just have to find another place to fly my drone.

Would you recommend taking the exam and getting a license?

If the location you indicated is where you live, I would not rely on a Part 107 certificate gaining much for you...the military can be difficult to deal with, and all us P107s cannot fly in a National Park without tons of paperwork, and environment study and fees...and then you are at the mercy of the Park Service which will likely reject the application.

If you have no previous aviation experience getting your Remote Pilot certificate can be challenging...but there are plenty of companies making a buck selling courses.

Then then is the test...$150 test fee.

In the end it’s up to you to set the value of being able to fly some places.

Fly safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS