DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly - trying to use create - transcoding error

WannaBFpv

Reactions
Hey all

I've used the dji fly app on my android Mi 9t pro and it works fine. On my Samsung tab 5s when I try to use "create" button to select a couple of videos to combine them I get a "transcoding failed" error. Any ideas?

I'm stuck with exactly the same problem ... literally every video I shoot becomes useless to post afterwards because I can't edit/shorten or link them together in the DJI Fly app after downloading them to my Samsung phone from the aircraft. Very frustrating. Every time I choose a couple of video's and choose 'add' afterwards I get the 'transcoding failed' error message and that's it ... might as well not bother to shoot video's while up in the air this way.

Can anyone help us ?

I worked out my old phone did not support 4K recording. Shot 3 video's in 1080P, 2.7K and 4K. The first two (even in combination) worked fine in the editor. Only the 4K one gave me the transcoding error message.

Bought a new phone which supports 4K and 8K, should work now but still have to try it. Shot a video yesterday and will try the editor this weekend.

Reactions: Sub779
I'm stuck with exactly the same problem ... literally every video I shoot becomes useless to post afterwards because I can't edit/shorten or link them together in the DJI Fly app after downloading them to my Samsung phone from the aircraft. Very frustrating. Every time I choose a couple of video's and choose 'add' afterwards I get the 'transcoding failed' error message and that's it ... might as well not bother to shoot video's while up in the air this way.

Can anyone help us ?
The editor may be useless, but the video is not. You can still use a different app or app on PC to edit the video.

Reactions: Sub779
I worked out my old phone did not support 4K recording. Shot 3 video's in 1080P, 2.7K and 4K. The first two (even in combination) worked fine in the editor. Only the 4K one gave me the transcoding error message.

Bought a new phone which supports 4K and 8K, should work now but still have to try it. Shot a video yesterday and will try the editor this weekend.
YES! I never thought to try a different resolution. 2.7k works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven