DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly unable to load on Huawei Ascent XT1 Phone

tmiller

Reactions
Hello all, I tried to load the DJI Fly on my Huawei Ascent XT1 phone but I get an error message that it is not compatible with my phone. The android version is above that required according to the software and the same download loads just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S-8+. I have the DJI Go on the Huawei Ascent XT1 phone for my Mavic Pro Platinum which works just fine and wanted to use the same phone for my new Mavic Mini. Any ideas why it isn't working? Thank in advance!

Just a thought, mobile phone manufacturers have a choice to load their phones with firmware, software and OS (operating system). An example is Samsung, though an Android OS does add special or additional "software" to add value to their phones that is not part of the OS. DJI Fly is an mobile app developed by DJI, should follow the Android platform and function on a device with the appropriate OS versions. There are two possibilities - 1. the app needs an update or, 2. the Huawei device is missing something within the Android OS. My experience is many Chinese manufacturers of mobile devices have "hiccups" with the OS platform (Android and Apple if cloned). You can contact DJI and/or Huawei to ask if there is a resolution. Have a good day!

Reactions: tmiller
I just purchased a 7" Lonovo tablet made 6 months ago if I'm to believe the info with it and have exactly same problem and if can't fix very soon, it's being returned and other than that it is a great little tablet. DJI FLY loads and works perfectly on two different Pixels and three different Samsung devices. Doesn't even show up on play store when searched for it? Seems like all the other DJI programs show up fine but haven't tried to load them as not what I want/need. Comments ? .

The phone compatibility problem seems to be that currently there is only a 64 bit version of DJI Fly, so your device needs 64 bit hardware and a 64 bit os. I'm hoping that if DJI get enough complaints they might release a 32 bit version of Fly...

Reactions: tmiller
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3