DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Update Download Failed

cluttrell

Reactions
Today I had the notification of an update to download in the DJI Fly app, but I get an error saying "download failed" and I should free up space on my device and try again. I have over 100GB free on my device so it should install. I also have the app permission turned on to allow installation from unknown sources. Any other ideas to try?

Did you try again? Always tends to fail on the first try but work on the 2nd here.

Yeah, I've tried a few times, but still get the same error. I even tried restarting my phone too because last time there was an update it worked after a restart.

Maybe go download from the site and install the apk instead of doing the in-app update.

You say you have 100gb free. Is that internal or external memory

I'm brand new, so feel free to ignore this, if I misunderstood your online attempt to update. My unboxing resulted in a failed update. So I connected each component, separately, to a USB port. I logged into DJI and navigated to the Mavic > support > download and clicked on the required link. That worked for me. Sorry, I can't tell if that is what you were describing that you attempted.

I'm brand new, so feel free to ignore this, if I misunderstood your online attempt to update. My unboxing resulted in a failed update. So I connected each component, separately, to a USB port. I logged into DJI and navigated to the Mavic > support > download and clicked on the required link. That worked for me. Sorry, I can't tell if that is what you were describing that you attempted.
The update that I'm trying to download is for the DJI Fly app. The DJI support suggested to try downloading the APK file on a computer and transfer to my phone but the link on the DJI website doesn't work even on a computer, so I'm waiting to see what they say to try next. The app works currently but the update won't download.

The update that I'm trying to download is for the DJI Fly app. The DJI support suggested to try downloading the APK file on a computer and transfer to my phone but the link on the DJI website doesn't work even on a computer, so I'm waiting to see what they say to try next. The app works currently but the update won't download.

Try a different site.

This site has been used by others to get older versions of an app if they don't like the current one.

Good luck.

I am experiencing the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S21. After several attempts (in-app & Download Center), I opted for the Android 12 Beta version which seems to work fine. I select "Not Now" on the "New version available" prompt in hopes that it might work on the next update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio