DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 DJI FPV Action 2 1600' Dives at Red Rock Canyon

Nice rock formations you have there... wish we had something similar in south of Sweden. Try to use a ND filter (32 maybe, or even 64) to get motion blur & perhaps get rid of some (high speed close to rock face) stutter & jello from drone vibrations when you ascend.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaseyK
Nice rock formations you have there... wish we had something similar in south of Sweden. Try to use a ND filter (32 maybe, or even 64) to get motion blur & perhaps get rid of some (high speed close to rock face) stutter & jello from drone vibrations when you ascend.
Thanks, the Southwest US has some incredible landscapes. I was at Coal Mine Mesa in Arizona this morning, just a stunning place, got in 3 flights and will post once we get back home. I use all Auto settings on the camera. I've tried filters and manual settings but the results never seem to be as good. I know most folks like motion blur but I actually prefer the highest resolution video I can get. I've been able to get some really good snapshots of birds and ground critters from the video that probably would not have come out with motion blur. The jello only shows up on the piggyback camera, not sure why, props seem fine, and the stock camera has no jello, must be the suspension of the stock camera

Pure aesthetically the clip will look much nicer with some motion blur, will also give a better sense of speed. Technically, only using auto settings without anything slowing down the shutter will create stutter, especially when closer to objects. Auto shutter during that bright light will easily set it as fast as 1/1000sec which is way to fast. Remember that a natural blur is generated when the shutter is double the FPS (30FPS --> 1/60sec). Advice you to put on a ND on the action 2... the darker the longer the shutter will be & the more blur will be generated. You can still keep the shutter on auto if you want, no real need to go manual. And if you're lucky the ND will also make the jello less apparent.

Pure aesthetically the clip will look much nicer with some motion blur, will also give a better sense of speed. Technically, only using auto settings without anything slowing down the shutter will create stutter, especially when closer to objects. Auto shutter during that bright light will easily set it as fast as 1/1000sec which is way to fast. Remember that a natural blur is generated when the shutter is double the FPS (30FPS --> 1/60sec). Advice you to put on a ND on the action 2... the darker the longer the shutter will be & the more blur will be generated. You can still keep the shutter on auto if you want, no real need to go manual. And if you're lucky the ND will also make the jello less apparent.
Thanks, appreciate the tips

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green