DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji gimbal goes crazy

Sorry to respond in this old thread, googled and issue and this came up :). I took my Mavic Pro out on Friday to get some footage of an abandoned sports stadium, it got in the air and the gimbal went nuts. Landed it and powered on and off, it did the same thing. Did it one more time and it appeared normal, but the footage was blurry (maybe I made the lens dirty from touching it in my panic lol).

After that it seemed to function normally, any idea on what would have caused that?

New the the forum, and fairly new to owning a Mavic Pro but loving it so far.

It's a known issue with the Mavic, with NKC (no known cure). Hopefully it's a firmware glitch that they will answer on a future update.

Some people have changed out their gimbal flat ribbon cable with some success, others say it doesnt happen on lower res than 4k, but still no know cure shooting at 4k.

Good to know - thanks. It's been flawless for the two weeks I've had it, came out of nowhere. Well, hopefully it doesn't pick such a critical time to do it again.. lol

Sorry to respond in this old thread, googled and issue and this came up :). I took my Mavic Pro out on Friday to get some footage of an abandoned sports stadium, it got in the air and the gimbal went nuts. Landed it and powered on and off, it did the same thing. Did it one more time and it appeared normal, but the footage was blurry (maybe I made the lens dirty from touching it in my panic lol).

After that it seemed to function normally, any idea on what would have caused that?

New the the forum, and fairly new to owning a Mavic Pro but loving it so far.

The gimbal can occasionally do weird things, but usually it's transient.

As a side note, be sure to allow IMU calibration to complete after starting the MP. Indeed, avoid taking off until the GPS has locked.

Blurry? Possibly just forgot to focus before filming?

The gimbal can occasionally do weird things, but usually it's transient.

As a side note, be sure to allow IMU calibration to complete after starting the MP. Indeed, avoid taking off until the GPS has locked.

Blurry? Possibly just forgot to focus before filming?

Well, I noticed it on my iphone screen while flying so was tapping to focus, just wouldn’t do a good job. Really notice it when playing back on the computer :). Seems OK now, have flown it since.

It's a known issue with the Mavic, with NKC (no known cure). Hopefully it's a firmware glitch that they will answer on a future update.

Some people have changed out their gimbal flat ribbon cable with some success, others say it doesnt happen on lower res than 4k, but still no know cure shooting at 4k.
Thunder what do you think is the problem here.

Try updating to the latest 1000 FW. Fixing this is one of the supposed features.
Did the firmware update twice. Did not help. Was on line chat DJI for 45 minutes . Did a sensor calabration, with them using the software linked to my laptop. Had already did a IMU, relinked controller, camera , gimbal calabration.

If something is getting hot, it's either your gimbal flat ribbon cable, or your gimbal motor assembly. If it's still under warranty, you might want to send it in to DJI. What was DJI's final conclusion on your chat?

Was on line chat DJI for 45 minutes . Did a sensor calabration, with them using the software linked to my laptop. Had already did a IMU, relinked controller, camera , gimbal calabration.

If something is getting hot, it's either your gimbal flat ribbon cable, or your gimbal motor assembly. If it's still under warranty, you might want to send it in to DJI. What was DJI's final conclusion on your chat?
to contact them again if the firmware or calibration did not work.
I keep remembering little bites of info . Also every time it work have a crazy fit the drone would rotate to the left 90 degrees. If I was heading west after the fit it would be heading south. and my handy off the sticks. one of the last times it did a 180 degree turn?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom