DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4.0.1 update (Dec 14, 2016)

Does that mean it will continually focus on whatever's in front of it while you fly without tapping?

So far..yes that's what I've noticed while I did a short test flight with the latest GO4 app. Kind of annoying though...hearing the beep every time...and also it seems to take a long time to focus.

Did two flights, tried DJI GO 4 today, after two spontaneous disconnections I decided to use DJI GO again, which works perfect.

I stick with DJI GO for now, no update for Android to 4.0.1 so far.

I haven't had problems with this latest GO4 update (iOS), nor did I have any problems with the previous one too.

Just flew mine after updating and it defaulted to continuous autofocus mode where I didn't have to tap to focus. It just refocused as I moved. Is this a new mode?

Edit: pay no attention to the idiot (me) who failed to read all the previous comments.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pete
Updated to Go4 for the Mavic - works quicker better but noticed my list of photo/vid color types go as follows - None-Truecolor-D-Cinelike-D-log-Film A to Film I.
Uninstalled the new app then re-installed - same thing..............AF is still tap the screen ( which I like ) AE same too
Oh yeah I'm on Android/Samsung

Updated to Go4 for the Mavic - works quicker better but noticed my list of photo/vid color types go as follows - None-Truecolor-D-Cinelike-D-log-Film A to Film I.
Uninstalled the new app then re-installed - same thing..............AF is still tap the screen ( which I like ) AE same too
Oh yeah I'm on Android/Samsung
The new color profiles were the result of the firmware upgrade to 1.03.0000
Since you're on Android, that means you are using DJI GO 4.0, not 4.0.1 (currently iOS only). It's the latter that has the new continuous focus option.

I have made a sample album of the new color modes for my own reference. Towards the end of this album if anyone's interested..

https://flic.kr/s/aHskQz9nnR

Have not had the need for any of the Film modes. Anyone use them?

Last edited:
As to radar, it has always been on the larger screen IOS devices, where as on the phones you have to switch between map and radar. The auto focus as you fly is OK but I do get tired of hearing the 'beep' every time it focuses, I got my first wind warning on the second flight, and a 'strong radio interference' warning once which went away after a few seconds. Other than that the six flights on the new F/W was fine. I tried the new cinematic mode and frankly didn't notice any difference from normal P mode, play with it some more later, big storm moving in tomorrow, that's why the 6 flights today.

Does that mean it will continually focus on whatever's in front of it while you fly without tapping?
Not continuously but frequently. I noticed that it re-focused several times during flight

As to radar, it has always been on the larger screen IOS devices, where as on the phones you have to switch between map and radar. The auto focus as you fly is OK but I do get tired of hearing the 'beep' every time it focuses, I got my first wind warning on the second flight, and a 'strong radio interference' warning once which went away after a few seconds. Other than that the six flights on the new F/W was fine. I tried the new cinematic mode and frankly didn't notice any difference from normal P mode, play with it some more later, big storm moving in tomorrow, that's why the 6 flights today.
How often does it auto-focus/beep? Why does it need to beep at all? My iPhone doesn't BEEP when it auto focuses.

Geeze! Auto-focus BEEP. too windy BEEP. Radio interference BEEP. Magnetic interference BEEP. Return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP. Low battery BEEP BEEP BEEP. Why so noisy?!? For those of us doing live streaming this ruins it!

Last edited:
Reactions: damaltor
Where is this continuous auto focus setting? I don't seem to see any toggle for that.
I'm sure I'm missing something

How often does it auto-focus/beep? Why does it need to beep at all? My iPhone doesn't BEEP when it auto focuses.

Geeze! Auto-focus BEEP. too windy BEEP. Radio interference BEEP. Magnetic interference BEEP. Return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP. Low battery BEEP BEEP BEEP. Why so noisy?!? For those of us doing live streaming this ruins it!
It was beeping for the focus about every couple of minutes while moving, not sitting still, and you are correct, they need a switch to turn off the insistent beep. If I could reach the silent switch on my iPhone while in the holder I would have used it.

The new color profiles were the result of the firmware upgrade to 1.03.0000
Since you're on Android, that means you are using DJI GO 4.0, not 4.0.1 (currently iOS only). It's the latter that has the new continuous focus option.
Does this mean that android app does not focus when the record button is hit? Or it don't keep focusing ?

Does this mean that android app does not focus when the record button is hit? Or it don't keep focusing ?

It should focus at the beginning of recording as that was added in 4.0. The continuous focus was added in 4.0.1 which should come to Android devices before too long.

I've seen 2 sliders for cinematic mode somewhere in settings. They were set at 0. Maybe that's the same stick setting as in normal mode? I haven't had time to try changing them.
The AF beep is annoying, but the way the focus works is very smooth. I like it more then constantly hitting the C button.

Being relatively new to QuadCopters, not to mention DJI as an owner... I've been using the 'other' DJI GO App. Seemed to work fine as it has a 'Mavic' option in the pull down screen... What's the major difference between DJI GO and DJI Go4.0 Apps?

Tried the DJI Go 4.0 App.. only minor differences from what I could tell.. 'Stock' stick sensitivity on the Tilt is higher (89%) First flight almost put my bird into my garage wall... Thankfully my catlike-reflexes... are catlike. lol

Looks like the Focus / Metering "button" has changed, as in disappeared? Looks like for exposure now you just dial it in and lock it, whereas in the old version you could tap on the screen setting the exposure and then lock if you like. Am I right about this?

I don't have 4.0.1 yet on Android, but i can say that in 4.0, the green focus box is always on the screen. (This was not necessary for older drones in v. 3.0 because the cameras had fixed focus). What i did was program the directional pad to switch between focus and exposure if i push up. If i want to touch to expose, i push up, the green focus box switches to the yellow exposure one. I touch where i want it to expose, and then i programmed it so i can push down on the directional pad to lock the exposure. Then i push up again to switch back to the focus box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock