DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go 4.1.15 crashes on iOS

oferlaor

Reactions
Just updated to dji go 4, version 4.1.15 on iPhone 7 running iOS 11.03

The app started crashing as soon as it connects to the drone and Video is shown.

I had to delete the app and reinstall fresh and then it stated to work again.

Anyone else had this issue?

Reactions: Gonz and EsiMavic
just updated, GO4 but haven't tried to connect or fly. middle of the night here. Will do it in the morning.

There was a problem with viewing the flight log files and GO4 app crashing with ver 4.1.14 that appears to be fixed with ver 4.1.15. I talked to DJI support yesterday and informed them of the issue with ver 4.1.14 and he was going to talk to their developer about the problem. Looks like he did.

Also it is typical to have to delete and reinstall app after updating. also helps to delete old app, reboot iDevice and reinstall GO4 app.

I had that same issue with 4.1.14, which was pretty much the first and only app crash I've had since moving to iOS. I reinstalled and flew without error. Off to update to 4.1.15 now.

Just updated to dji go 4, version 4.1.15 on iPhone 7 running iOS 11.03

The app started crashing as soon as it connects to the drone and Video is shown.

I had to delete the app and reinstall fresh and then it stated to work again.

Anyone else had this issue?
Same here. :(

I’m having an issue as well. At first it looked like the app had reset a lot of my settings, but I couldn’t turn them back on. After quite a while it came up with a message saying it had updated the aircraft settings to comply with national rules or something like that.
I did manage to take off twice but each time after a while it lost the video/connection to the Mavic :(
I’m away from my house currently so decided to delete the app and reinstall.... but because it’s 150mb, it now won’t download unless I can find some Wi-fi... grrrrr :(

that's exactly the problem I had. Luckily my wife had her phone and we set it up as a hotspot and I downloaded it that way.

Is it working ok now? I’ve just been home to re download and now heading out again. What was suppose to be a Morning Mist shoot is now going to be a Sunset Shoot :(

Agggghhhhh!!! Just tried another flight after deleting and reinstalling the app, and it’s done the same thing again :(
Lost the connection after a few minutes flight, no video and no control from the app. Annoying as I couldn’t disable landing protection so almost dropped it when hand catching as of course it tried to take off again :(
So needs to be fixed ASAP!!

I ran into the same problem on my 9.7" iPad Pro (iOS 11.0.3) and executed the following recommendations:

1. Delete old DJI Go 4 before downloading. You may want to make a note of the settings just in case they get wiped out (didn't happen to me with 4.1.15)
2. Reboot your device (hard reboot, not just power-off)
3. Download new DJI Go 4 app
4. Reboot your device (hard reboot, not just power-off)
5. Launch DJI Go

While the second reboot may not be needed, I tend to always reboot after a download. Couldn't hurt!

Reactions: Gonz
No problems with the iPhone 6, iOS 11.1, GO4 4.1.15, latest FW and Fly Safe database. just got done with short flight in 30 degree weather, calm, foggy. Video was smooth and clear.

DJI Shit100_0928.JPG DJI Shit100_0929.JPG DJI Shit100_0930.JPG I just updated my iPhone 7+ to iOS11.1 and now nothing works with the DJI GO 4 app!:( Deleted the GO4 app and reinstalled it, still nothing! I also updated to GO4 4.1.15 I do have a display on the phone now, but nothing works on the touch screen? Plus it will dump just setting there after a few minutes!
It's a different story every time you turn it on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron_Dog
There is Vers. 4.1.16 in the App Store since a few hours. Give it a try.
I'm trying! It doesn't want to down load right!:rolleyes: Got it downloading now, but don't have much hope!:( Seems to address everything but the problems with iOS11.1 This app is waaaaaay tooooo busy! The more they add, the worse it works!

Last edited:
Reactions: Keule
Updated to .16 and this is the result!Super Screen!.JPG I think I'll try next week!:mad: Maybe by the time they hit update .99 they will have it figured out!

I discovered my iPad Air 2 will still work with .15 installed(yeah, like a sap,I updated it too)!:) It asked to update to .16 and I declined!:D I've noticed guy's with older iPhones aren't having issues with this update? So is it the app or the newer iPhones? I do like the way DJI is addressing these problems, by adding more "trick modes" instead working on the problems.:rolleyes: They only had 1 1/2 months to figure this out!

Last edited:
Ron, sorry to hear you are having problems. I want to fly in the morning, we had a big snow storm last night and want to make some photos. So guess I will wait to update my iPhone 6 until after I fly, just in case I too will have a problem. Will post how it works after.

I went to fly yesterday after updating to iOS 11.1 and GO4 dropped its bundle badly.
I’ve followed recommendations here and reinstalled Go
Fingers crossed.
Big lesson and thankfully I wasn’t doing a job with the Mavic. Pre test before setting off after any update.

Ron, sorry to hear you are having problems. I want to fly in the morning, we had a big snow storm last night and want to make some photos. So guess I will wait to update my iPhone 6 until after I fly, just in case I too will have a problem. Will post how it works after.
I'm going out this morning to try out the iPad,I'll post the results. I wouldn't update it, if you don't need to! I've had over 130 flawless flights with the MP,and now this? With DJI putting out updates one right after another, it's tempting to update, but I should have known better.:( If the iPad Air 2 works out ok, at least I will be able to fly the MP,but I just loved the iPhone 7+ since it made things a lot more compact, and the screen size was a good compromise between being small, but still big enough to see well!

I got 2 flights in this morning. It works with the iPad Air 2,but I keep getting some kind of "fly safe" update warning? What the heck is this? I didn't update it, since having so much bad luck with the last GO4 app update!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid