DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 4.2.14 for iOS is out

When you started the new app and connected, did it ask if you wanted to change regions or anything?

No, it did not. That's what I was expecting. It connected to GPS and was the same as before - in Wifi Custom, there is no option for 5.8Ghz, and the highest channel is 10. I'm in Canada, so we should see channel 11, as for the US (FCC).

It doesn’t fix range, per se, but people booting up for the first time were stuck in MIC mode so their range will be significantly improved getting to FCC or CE and all the channels. If you were already there no changes
“MIC” mode?.

No, it did not. That's what I was expecting. It connected to GPS and was the same as before - in Wifi Custom, there is no option for 5.8Ghz, and the highest channel is 10. I'm in Canada, so we should see channel 11, as for the US (FCC).

Are you on the latest firmware? If so, you may want to try to update again with Assistant, and then (or now if you want) I would contact DJI, as it seems to work for others now. Since I already got to FCC mode using my Android, I can't test this anymore, only go by reports of what people are seeing.

“MIC” mode?.

Yes, the mode with limited power and no 5.8:

--------------------------
Transmission Power (EIRP)2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC:≤26 dBm
CE: ≤18 dBm
SRRC: ≤18 dBm
MIC:≤18 dBm

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: ≤30 dBm
CE: ≤14 dBm
SRRC: ≤26 dBm

Eh, I was getting that anyway.

I just tried the iOS update, it's still not giving me the 'change location/cancel' option when I fire it up.

Its still in FCC.

Just to update this.

I just had a little flight today and it did give me the option to switch back to CE. I hit 'cancel' and it remained if FCC mode. I have never been given this option before since I put it in FCC approximately 10 days ago before the app update.

Just to update this.

I just had a little flight today and it did give me the option to switch back to CE. I hit 'cancel' and it remained if FCC mode. I have never been given this option before since I put it in FCC approximately 10 days ago before the app update.

How did you put FCC with iOS ??

What about adding in support for the spark so you can fly with phone plugged into remote (w/o loosing battery and satellite display while plugged in). A co worker has the spark he mentioned this. I’m have the MPP all is still good

Hmmm.....A user on the DJI forum said he was good to go with the new version of the app. Wonder what is going on. Since there are no release notes other than "bug fixes" we'll need to get a few more users with the issue to chime in. Seems to be plenty around.

When you started the new app and connected, did it ask if you wanted to change regions or anything?
Yes, it automatically changed to the correct region then both 2.4 and 5.8 magically appeared under custom.

Sorry but, not THAT question AGAIN?!
Yes, I would like to know as well. If the answer is use an FCC compliant GPS location with an Android device then it does not work for me. Maybe there is some other way GO4 is seeing my true location?

Thanks for any constructive help.

Yes, I would like to know as well. If the answer is use an FCC compliant GPS location with an Android device then it does not work for me. Maybe there is some other way GO4 is seeing my true location?

Thanks for any constructive help.
No, the answer is go to this thread and follow the instructions in the video - most people that have done this have had success

FCC mode in CE area

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1