DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 - 4.2.16 is out ( Mavic Air )

dmendezjr

Reactions
Hi,

Has anyone tested the latest 4.2.16 on Mavic Air yet? If so, any issues?

Thanks,

D
Screenshot_20180518-072014_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg

This from an operator here in Australia. (Edit: This is with a MP)
My findings on the latest app update. 4.2.16 it's crap ! aircraft discontinued 6 times even before got a launch.
This is after the previous version 4.2.14 also had disconnect problems but not as bad as this latest version.
I wasn't game to fly with it after it constantly disconnected.
I went home and deleted this version and installed 4.2.12 and went back out and had no problems I used 5 batteries and didn't disconnect once.
The other thing I found with the last 2 versions was it took a long time to connect to aircraft.
versions 4.2.14 and 4.2.16 have problems with disconnect

My findings on the latest app update. 4.2.16 it's crap ! aircraft discontinued 6 times even before got a launch.
This is after the previous version 4.2.14 also had disconnect problems but not as bad as this latest version.
I went home and deleted this version and installed 4.2.12 and went back out and had no problems I used 5 batteries and didn't disconnect once.
The other thing I found with the last 2 versions was it took a long time to connect to aircraft.
Thank you Simmo. I've heard the last update caused some people some issues as well.

iOS or Android?

Aww they are not backward in coming forward!!!
I wouldn't worry, install it.

Thanks InvisibleName!

Please share your results, once you get a chance to flight.

D
Ok - just got back from 3 batteries worth of flying using the latest app (iOS) and MA firmware.... absolutely PERFECT! No loss of FCC, no unstable video, no loss of signal over a reasonable distance (furthest away was 620m), no undemanded movements.... just a wonderful hour of flying & filming! I love this little drone!

Last edited:
Ok - just got back from 3 batteries worth of flying using the latest app (iOS) and MA firmware.... absolutely PERFECT! No loss of FCC, no unstable video, no loss of signal over a reasonable distance (furthest away was 620m), no undemanded movements.... just a wonderful hour of flying & filming! I love this little drone!
Awesome! Thanks for reporting. Happy flying!!

D

Exactly with me as well!! Pls tell me how to find and install .12!!

#1 - I have not found the build 4.2.16 for Android anywhere - Is there a link available?

#2 - Will this version work with Mavic Pro with latest firmware?

#3 - I am trying to fix a pixelated video issue on my Note 4 - currently downgrading from 4.2.14 to 4.2.12

Reactions: dmendezjr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000