DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 and Mavic Pro

MavicPro_Noel

Reactions
What is the best way to transfer pictures and video to my own storage device using the Mavic Pro?

Sharing pictures and video using the app doesn't work because it only gives me options to services I don't use. Most seem to be from China.
Is there anyway to change these icons to services I do want to use? Is there a way to choose from other than that list?

Is there a way to set the storage location to save pictures and videos?
It seems the app is designed to save videos and pictures to my phone's internal storage by default.
I can and have changed the cache to save videos to SD card but that is only for video. Pictures still go to the phone's internal storage? Why and can this be changed?
I have a 32 gig micro sd card in my phone and would prefer to store everything there and not fill up my phone's internal memory.

Surely there has got be an easier way to access my pictures and video files?

Again, I have no interest in sending my pictures and videos to China or wherever it sends them every time I "share" my files to myself,
and even then I run into file size limitation if I use email. So what's the solution?

Do I need to remove the SD card from the mavic pro every time and just not use the app for file transfer or is there an easier work around from within the app itself.
Thanks in Advance.

I’ve always taken pics (jpeg) and videos off the card
and be sure your using quality card’s
I use two cards class (3) 64 gig .
and and swap them out so to leases the failed rate on cards

...:. cR

Attachments

• 6CFFC885-EF42-47B7-A9CB-585E490B6D78.jpeg
    6CFFC885-EF42-47B7-A9CB-585E490B6D78.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Anything saved automatically to you phone is low quality version.
You need to get photos (raw versions in particular if shooting jpeg and raw) and full quality video off the aircraft micro sd card.
If taking quality vid up to say 1080, you can do this through Go4 via wifi, anything particularly long (say over 5 or 6 minutes), or higher res really needs cable download or remove card and transfer to main computer directly using an adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
video and pics will be stored on the drones SD card ,and if you remove the card and use a card reader that plugs in the USB port of your computer you can then transfer them to your storage of choice in my case a 4TB digital hard drive ,you can disable cache to device in the app so nothing gets stored there

I agree with the previous 3 replies and would just add that I have never tried to use the editor on the DJI Go 4 app. Just copy and paste images and video off sd card to where ever you want. Then I use Adobe software to edit.

I routinely store both videos and jpeg and raw stills to the memory card on my Mavic 2 pro. I remove the card from the Mavic, then, using an adapter, put it in a card reader and copy all the files on the card to my pc. Usually I will format the card in the Mavic before the next day I fly.

DJIGO4 issues.
I had occasion video did not recorderd into Mavic 2Pro SD card.
It only stored in my phone DJIGO4 App as raw files. anybody know Why.
How to disable the app. cache store location, not into my phone device? I want it to set the cache stored in my phone SD card.
Please help.

DJIGO4 issues.
I had occasion video did not recorderd into Mavic 2Pro SD card.
It only stored in my phone DJIGO4 App as raw files. anybody know Why.
How to disable the app. cache store location, not into my phone device? I want it to set the cache stored in my phone SD card.
Please help.

I believe it's a 2 step process, not sure if it will work.

1) set your phone to use the SD card as the primary storage, some times you can set this by app in the app management section
2) set DJI Go 4 to cache to the phone

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada