DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app closes during flight

Mavic2MarkNM

Reactions
Yesterday and today in the middle of a flight my DJI Go 4 screen on the iPhone app blacked out and closed and return to home controller Button was the only way to get it to come back. Has anyone experienced this? It was able to land but I lost control of the camera in view of the screen.
The software is up-to-date on my iPhone and firmware is all up to date and everything is been calibrated and there were no obstructions between me and the drone including powerlines.

I have and be aware when you open the app again the home point will reset to where the Mavic currently is. That could really screw you up.

It remembered the home point Luckily but I had no camera view and could not control the gimbal or altitude or anything. I kept trying to re-open the app but it kept closing and going back to the Phone’s home screen

I have and be aware when you open the app again the home point will reset to where the Mavic currently is. That could really screw you up.
Listening to that advice could really screw up someone's flying.
It's very wrong.
The mavic records and stores it's home point when it gets it's first good GPS position fix after powering up.
It has nothing to do with restarting the app.

Check your own advice if you doubt me.
Fly out 100 feet in a large clear area.
Close the app and restart.
See what the indicated distance from home is showing now.
<Hint> It's going to be 100 feet.

That would be scary if that happened while on a flight over water and the app just shut down. I would hope you could just push return to home on the remote and it comes back to where it started from.

Yesterday and today in the middle of a flight my DJI Go 4 screen on the iPhone app blacked out and closed and return to home controller Button was the only way to get it to come back.

Has anyone experienced this? It was able to land but I lost control of the camera in view of the screen.
It happens sometimes. You have to choose a start point CAREFULLY !
And to check safe RTH height along a your flight route.

That would be scary if that happened while on a flight over water and the app just shut down.
If you lose the app your phone or tablet isn't good enough, but you should still have full control even without the app.
You could fly back manually if you know where the drone is or initiate RTH.
That would be scary if that happened while on a flight over water and the app just shut down. I would hope you could just push return to home on the remote and it comes back to where it started from.
Hoping isn't good enough.
You should go to a large, clear area and try out RTH and experiment with it so you know how to use it and how it works.
You should also try switching off the controller to see what happens if you lose signal completely.

I experienced a similar issue, I was flying my M2P and after 20 minutes of good flying experience the DJIGO app disconnected from aircraft, video output and telemetry on the phone (iPhone X IOs12.1)went black, also an alarm telling that the obstacle avoidance was off appeared on the screen, RC kept the connection though, funny thing is that I enabled the RTH from the phone screen, and it worked ...
Changed the battery twice and tried again, but the issue kept appearing (at least 10 times), even a few meters from aircraft, I was flying far from a city no interference whatsoever...
Trying a few things I saw that if I locked the iPhone screen and unlocked it while flying, it reestablished the app connection instantly, sometimes only for a few seconds, and some other for some minutes.... every time the RC kept the connection .

Don’t know what to do
emoji33.png

Now I’m kind of scared of loosing it..

Any suggestions on how to proceed ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman