DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app keeps crashing on my IOS 14.2

Thanks mate, no worries. I sent a ticket to Apple on the feed back app. I am just glad that I can still fly with the Litchi.
Just got the download 14.0.1 and did it. If it’s not raining in the morning I’m going to give er a go to see how it does on this iPad.
Hope Apple will be swift getting back to you and you get it straightened out.
At least you can fly with Litchi. I’ve never tried it and would be lost as a drunk goose trying it.
Good luck. ??

Reactions: Matigas Ulo
Just got the download 14.0.1 and did it. If it’s not raining in the morning I’m going to give er a go to see how it does on this iPad.
Hope Apple will be swift getting back to you and you get it straightened out.
At least you can fly with Litchi. I’ve never tried it and would be lost as a drunk goose trying it.
Good luck. ??
I think as long as the app does not crash you are good

Reactions: dirkclod
I think as long as the app does not crash you are good
Just got a quick break in this weather and took it out to my testing spot and ran 2 batteries on 14.0.1 and had no issues at all.
Just went across the pool about 4000’ and flew around but never
had any glitches. ?

Just got a quick break in this weather and took it out to my testing spot and ran 2 batteries on 14.0.1 and had no issues at all.
Just went across the pool about 4000’ and flew around but never
had any glitches. ?
That is great news. It’s the 14.2 beta software I am on then.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok, I ended up just reverting my IOS back to 14.0.1 from 14.2. Now the DJI GO4 app works and does not crash.

I just saw the 14.2 beta release and no reasoning why they skipped 14.1. If I had to speculate, there were major issues with the 14.1 build and it perhaps was very limited as to who actually got it, but since your already seeing issues in 14.2, they may have just fixed issues and called it 14.2 and they've got a ways to go.. could be off base..

Last edited:
It’s something to do with Facebook integration.

If you turn off all Internet access, it’s fine. Turn on airplane mode.
I wish I would have known that before so I would have tried it out. It’s to late now I went back to 14.0.1 on my iPhone 8 plus

Same thing for me too. On the public beta of iOS 14.2 and out of nowhere, both my phone and iPad versions of Go 4 started crashing. It’s weird because I’ve had 14.2 for over a week with no issues and then yesterday it both started crashing. Both work fine in airplane mode but crash immediately if I turn on WiFi or cellular.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000