DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app reinstall

Smokey5159

Reactions
Hi guys,
Just a quick question re the Go 4 app...
I have kept my MP on .400 firmware and have recently allowed the G4 app to update from .5 to 4.0.7 (the latest I believe - April 19, 2017). That turned out to be a bad decision as my recent outing saw some wacko things happen with the recording image and gimble level. The horizon went crooked all by itself when it never has before, and I had weird jumpy footage that stopped recording by itself. From that I'm guessing my Android phone has taken issue with DJI's latest offering, so I plan to reinstall the .5 app software via apk that I have kept for such an occasion. Can I ask if I should totally remove all the related files and folders manually? As an uninstall doesn't quite do this, and all the settings are kept when you've loaded another version it seems.
Cheers Smokey.

Last edited:
YES. That's what I have always done if I want to clean install DJIGo. As you mentioned, uninstalling leaves the DJI folder and file structure intact. You end up with a different App build accessing the same data which could be the cause of the issue is you are trying to fix in the first place.

1) Sync your flight log to DJI servers from within the Go app so it is right up to date
2) Take note of any esoteric setting withing your DJIGO4 config/settings that you may wish to put back later.
3) Uninstall DJIGo4
4) With a file manager delete the "\Internal Storage \ DJI " folder in its entirety.

Reinstall the app. Log it in to your DJI account and connect to your aircraft. Some but not all of the settings will come back from the RC and the Aircraft.

In regard to your Mavic misbehaving...

I had several mid-flight camera resets over a few days on 4.0.5 and have not had them since updating to 4.0.7. So I thought 4.0.7 improved things for me . I had also thought firmware .600 was implicated,but you are seeing them on .400. So maybe these recent DJIGo4 android builds are causing it.

I think the resets started about the time Fixed Wing mode was added which was I with Go 4.0.5 and firmware .600.
You might need to go back to an Go earlier build.

Hi Logger,
Thanks for the great input!
Yeah, I may do as you recommended and revert to .4 and see how that goes. I have all of the App apk's so it will be interesting to see when it misbehaves for me...
Kind regards,
Smokey.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423