DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 App self unlocking question.

Reactions
Does anyone else get a message when trying to do a self unlock before taking off that says something like sms message failed to send? I put my phone number in and country and then that message always pops up and I can’t fly.

Lets start at the beginning, What Airspace are you flying in? do you have a wifi connection? are all of your apps updated?

FC4E674D-CFA3-4BDA-8250-35509233825E.pngjust using my phone which has Lte and is plugged into the controller. All my apps are updated. I understand that it’s possible I just can’t fly in this airspace but getting that message made me think it’s possible there’s somethingnot right in the app.
M

View attachment 98902just using my phone which has Lte and is plugged into the controller. All my apps are updated. I understand that it’s possible I just can’t fly in this airspace but getting that message made me think it’s possible there’s somethingnot right in the app.
M
Also I chose the kitty hawk app just to show the airspace, I’m actually using the dji app when I fly

Of late people have been posting issues about not being able to Fly, and many jump on the advance reasons why something may be occurring. After all the going back and forth, sometimes its a simple solution of a database not being up to date or account not logged in. I try to start from the simple answers before moving on to the more complex ones.

According to the FAA "visualize it" map you live or trying to fly from a "0" height flight ceiling, which would be a NFZ. You would need a FAA approved flight Authorization, to file with DJI to unlock your drone to fly in that area. Why you are getting that error msg is odd, but what you should be getting is a "not approved" unlock. LAANC will not work either (if available).
From Tara Rd all the way down to the Pinnacle Golf Course along Rainbow Rd is "0" flight ceiling. Further review, I see that you are down south of the golf course where the flight ceiling does go up to 400, but you still are in over lapping airspace from KXNA to VBT & XNA. It looks like you can go down to Brown Rd West of Paradise Pl and see what happens (that is Class G space)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002