DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 application crashing

a.mallarino

Reactions
Mavic 2 zoom, after flying close to 4 hours the first time the front lights are switched on the application is crashing continuously if any of the auto programed options is used.
Has someone have had something similar?

Mavic 2 zoom, after flying close to 4 hours the first time the front lights are switched on the application is crashing continuously if any of the auto programed options is used.
Has someone have had something similar?
I don't know if you're having the same problem I had with DJI Go4 crashing. The way I fixed mine was to clear the video cache and limit its size to 2Gb. these adjustments are in DJI Go4.

Thank you, yes it did. I am in South America and it's raining continuously haven't fly it over couple hours since.

Reactions: vieque
Ok. Thanks! So, clearing the video cache BEFORE each flight? Is that the workflow? I will experiment to see if there are no more DJI Go 4 app crashes. Thanks again

Ok. Thanks! So, clearing the video cache BEFORE each flight? Is that the workflow? I will experiment to see if there are no more DJI Go 4 app crashes. Thanks again
That’s what I try to do before each flight, although the app can do it automatically. The other thing is, I had a lot of maps cached, my whole local area. I decided to delete about half of them , even though I thought they were on the SD card in the Smart Controller, and not in memory. Since doing that and clearing the cache, the DJI GO4 app crashes have gone from a few times per flight, to never. I can live with that without knowing the exact culprit.

Last edited:
Reactions: vieque
App seems to crash more often for me with latest version. I have app cache to SD card. Perhaps that's more of a hindrance than a help.
The crashes don't even seem like full crashes, but rather video display reset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998