DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 Disconnects during flight

UAV

Reactions
So I have gotten my new Mavic Pro Platinum and twice it has disconnected from the app during the flight. I was around 500 ft to 1000 ft away. I'm using the original Google Pixel Android 8.0. I had to restart the app during flight to get back to the video. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know of a fix? I'm a little worried flying it.

So I have gotten my new Mavic Pro Platinum and twice it has disconnected from the app during the flight. I was around 500 ft to 1000 ft away. I'm using the original Google Pixel Android 8.0. I had to restart the app during flight to get back to the video. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know of a fix? I'm a little worried flying it.
I do not know of a fix but I have found that erasing all duplicate files (dji makes a lot of them) has cut down or eliminated app crashes. Good luck.

This happened to me Yesterday, was flying over farmland when mavic pro was disconnected and lost video feed to my iphone 7+
Very unnerving when i was at about 500 ft altitude and aprox 1000ft distance.
seems dji app is becomming flakier by the day,
I dont reall trust this drone anymore to fly over water which i used to love to do as i live near rivers and lakes.

I too had several disconnects while flying yesterday. DJI GO app kept locking up on my iPhone 8 Plus. This was before the new app update was pushed out, hopefully that fixes it.

Reactions: emthood
I experienced a number of disconnects, almost on every flight, with my iPhone 6. After changing to a mid-range Samsung A5, this has not been an issue any more. Wonder if this is an iOS problem?

Google Pixel is not officially support by DJI. I have same problem with Oneplus One(7.0). I try all what i can do.
I found not cheap, but solution. I buy used nexus 7(2013, 2 version). Fit perfect in mavic controller. I fly 3 batteries with it - no app disconnect

P.S. DJI Go supported devices from DJI website:
Android Version v4.1.15.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Reactions: UAV
Hi,

I just received my Mavic Pro Platinum last week. Took it out for the first time on Sunday to much disappointment.

Connected the controller to my Pixel 2 XL (Android 8 via USB-C) and after the drone was hovering about 20 feet in the air the RC and DJI GO 4 app disconnected. After several attempts to restart the app...controller...drone...in various orders....no luck...the controller and phone will simply not reconnect (tried BOTH USB ports too).

Then I tried hooking it up to my Lenovo Tab 4 (Android 8 via USB-A). Connected immediately. Never took off, just confirmed it connected and packed everything up. Few hours later, turn everything back on...RC and tablet will not connect (tried BOTH USB ports again).

Next, tried hooking it up to my dad's old iPhone via Lightning cable. Worked immediately and was able to fly with no issue.

I personally believe there is something wrong with the DJI GO 4 app and Oreo (Android 8) compatibility. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, because the drone is useless without a stable connection to the app.

Good luck. Please post back if you find any solutions.

Hi,

I just received my Mavic Pro Platinum last week. Took it out for the first time on Sunday to much disappointment.

Connected the controller to my Pixel 2 XL (Android 8 via USB-C) and after the drone was hovering about 20 feet in the air the RC and DJI GO 4 app disconnected. After several attempts to restart the app...controller...drone...in various orders....no luck...the controller and phone will simply not reconnect (tried BOTH USB ports too).

Then I tried hooking it up to my Lenovo Tab 4 (Android 8 via USB-A). Connected immediately. Never took off, just confirmed it connected and packed everything up. Few hours later, turn everything back on...RC and tablet will not connect (tried BOTH USB ports again).

Next, tried hooking it up to my dad's old iPhone via Lightning cable. Worked immediately and was able to fly with no issue.

I personally believe there is something wrong with the DJI GO 4 app and Oreo (Android 8) compatibility. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, because the drone is useless without a stable connection to the app.

Good luck. Please post back if you find any solutions.
Try to connect your phone with another cable, try to connect your cable in bottom usb A slot in RC. In developer options in settings on phone set "usb debugging". I ll hope it can help.
P.S. When you see " disconnected" stste in DJI Go - re-plug cable in phone or tablet. It help to me.

Google Pixel is not officially support by DJI. I have same problem with Oneplus One(7.0). I try all what i can do.
I found not cheap, but solution. I buy used nexus 7(2013, 2 version). Fit perfect in mavic controller. I fly 3 batteries with it - no app disconnect
P.S. DJI Go supported devices from DJI website:
Android Version v4.1.15.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Thank you for the info. It's pretty sad they support a phone that is 5 years old but don't support a flagship phone that is a year old. I'm thinking about returning it, until they come out with a more stable app. Can't trust a drone that I spent 1200+ on. It's crazy we have to do all these work arounds for a drone that been out for almost two years. Should just work.

Last edited:
Try swapping cables - the stock cables suck.

I had a world of trouble with disconnects, black video, etc. trying to fly with the Nexus 5x. Bought an Ipad 4 mini and no crashes disconnects, or torn video in 30 or so flights. Also replaced my Nexix 5x with a Nexus 6p and it seems to be stable as well.

Makes a world of difference whether your device is on the supported list or not. The 6p is on DJI's supported list, the 5x is not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard