DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 - iPhone 6 Plus OK, iPhone 7 Plus Disconnected

sbishop1488

Reactions
Hi,

So the other day I updated my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11 and went out and tested my Mavic to ensure it still worked ok; all was good.

The next day my new iPhone 7 Plus arrived in the post, all updated to iOS 11.01, installed DJI Go 4 and signed into my DJI account with it.

Today was the first day I've been able to get out and walked 2 miles to a local beach with a nice wreaked pier to film the far end of it, unpacked everything, got setup and ready to fly, open the DJI Go 4 app and no video, just 'Disconnected' in the top left corner, tried again restarting the phone and everything else, same problem. Tried to reinstall it but wasn't able to because I needed wifi, hence another boring 2 mile walk back home in a mood.

Moved my Sim back to my iPhone 6 Plus, fine with no problems, realised my iPhone 6 Plus was using iOS 11 but not iOS 11.0.1 and thought this could be the problem, updated the phone and tried again, with absolutely no problems.

I'm really hoping there's an answer to this otherwise the iPhone 7 is going back, the Mavic's more important.

Just remembered, my mate's got the same iPhone 7 and he flies a Mavic and he's not had any issues, very strange, this is why I thought it would be all OK.

Anyone have an answer to this? Or is it just a case of waiting for DJI to release a new app and hope that fixes it?

Many thanks in advance

Reactions: dewster
I use a 6 Plus with IOS 10.x and app version 4.05 with .400
I love using a dedicated device, no wifi or sim installed, therefore no chance of NFZ issues or updates. If your going to be updating to the latest firmware then go ahead and update IOS. If your not going to update the firmware or plan to roll back at some point I suggest you stay on the older IOS versions. There is less of a chance that a compatibility issue will arise.

Rob

I use a 6 Plus with IOS 10.x and app version 4.05 with .400
I love using a dedicated device, no wifi or sim installed, therefore no chance of NFZ issues or updates. If your going to be updating to the latest firmware then go ahead and update IOS. If your not going to update the firmware or plan to roll back at some point I suggest you stay on the older IOS versions. There is less of a chance that a compatibility issue will arise.

Rob

So I don't need a SIM in the phone? That wouldn't be too bad apart from I'm meant to be selling it, guess I could hold off for a while, fingers crossed this issue gets sorted soon. Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688