DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 just keeps getting worse...

So after a factory reset of my k1 and fresh clean install of go 4, the app crashed about 6 minutes into my first test flight. Complete failure. Its pretty unbelievable to me that this app is DJI's companion to their drones.
So now I'm going 2 ways. 1, try litchi and see if its more stable as some have said and hope I don't have a problem since it seems DJI refresh is questionable when using 3rd party apps. 2, try iOS. I'm in the market for a new tablet anyway. Maybe I'll pick up an iPad since reports are that iOS seems less prone to crashes.
Are you using the new firmware they released today? I am in the same situation.
Regards,
-d.

I'm sorry.... Do you mean the latest version of go 4 or did the mavic get an update today?
Firmware, and new DJI assistant and a updated manual.
Regards,
-d

*Update*

So after the factory reset of my tablet, a clean reinstall of go 4 and nothing else, and most recent update (March 2nd) for the Mavic, I tried using my shield k1 again. All I got were more crashes. I tried every variation I could, including airplane mode and screen rotation on/off, different modes, etc, and I seldom got further than 10 minutes without an app crash. So I did what any rational adult would do; I threw a hissy fit and went to the Apple Store and bought an iPad.

Wow, what a difference! I never knew how good you apple folks had it when it came to this drone. For starters, being able to get into the dji app and mess around with camera settings and such without the drone or controller attached is awesome. Also being able to see the drone's horizon to gauge wind and gusts and stuff is very cool. Oh, and did I mention THE APP DIDN'T CRASH!!! Overall very confidence inspiring.

Once the newness of it wears off I might feel differently, but right now I would say in my experience the iPad is the way to go for this drone, no contest. Just my opinion, but maybe it helps someone out there in a similar situation. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and ideas and tips in this thread. :)Thumbswayup

Now, who can recommend some good apps for video editing on iOS? This is my first apple product ever, and I can't wait to see what else is in store!

Reactions: Slayerstwin
So after a factory reset of my k1 and fresh clean install of go 4, the app crashed about 6 minutes into my first test flight. Complete failure. Its pretty unbelievable to me that this app is DJI's companion to their drones.
So now I'm going 2 ways. 1, try litchi and see if its more stable as some have said and hope I don't have a problem since it seems DJI refresh is questionable when using 3rd party apps. 2, try iOS. I'm in the market for a new tablet anyway. Maybe I'll pick up an iPad since reports are that iOS seems less prone to crashes.

Fishstiq,

I had a shieldk1 and just made the switch to IOS. I have always been an android user.

I bought an iPad mini4 and in 2 weeks using it with the MP, have not had 1 crash (knock on wood).

If u go to gamestop.com they have great deals on refurbished iPads. I got my mini4 wifi version with 128gb for only $300. I love it!

Fishstiq,

I had a shieldk1 and just made the switch to IOS. I have always been an android user.

I bought an iPad mini4 and in 2 weeks using it with the MP, have not had 1 crash (knock on wood).

If u go to gamestop.com they have great deals on refurbished iPads. I got my mini4 wifi version with 128gb for only $300. I love it!

That's a great tip, thank you! Checking them out now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark