Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 lost connection in mid flight + motor obstruction

• Thread starter Deleted member 45347
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45347

Hi,
i went flying today and everything was fine, but twice in mid flight the DJI GO 4 app lost connection. The controller was still connected so i managed to land but since i didn't have the camera view (i turn the gimbal straight down and use it for visual guidance when landing), i missed the landing pad by a bit and the rear motors got stuck in the grass, tried for about 2 seconds and then shut off (landing procedure). Could anything be damaged? ESC doesn't say anything, i touched them after leaving the drone hover for like 5 minutes. I don't hear any noise i haven't heard before (i hear the normal buzzing, whistling and air noise)
What could i do to fix the the app? It happened 2 times, first after 3 minutes, then after like 6.
The camera image was also dropping out, half of the screen was completely out, it was also doing weird camera moves and stuff before it dropped out completely.
Drone flew nicely, everything was responsive as usual since the controller stayed connected all the time.
Thanks for help
Dave
Phone: OnePlus 3T
latest controller and drone firmware, everything calibrated properly

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the app. The app works.
I would guess you have an overloaded phone or a cheap cable connecting it to the RC.
Or an unsupported device.

Make sure all other apps are shut down, Hard restart the phone before you fly, put the device in airplane mode to stop social media and other things from bogging down the processor. Make sure you are using a quality cable between the RC and the device. if using the short cable that came with the Mavic, it is very finicky about staying in the phone when you move around while flying. Especially so on android devices.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
It is not the app. The app works.
I would guess you have an overloaded phone or a cheap cable connecting it to the RC.
Or an unsupported device.

Make sure all other apps are shut down, Hard restart the phone before you fly, put the device in airplane mode to stop social media and other things from bogging down the processor. Make sure you are using a quality cable between the RC and the device. if using the short cable that came with the Mavic, it is very finicky about staying in the phone when you move around while flying. Especially so on android devices.
I am using my own USB-C cable that i have no problems with anywhere else. I tried data transfer, charging, everything is fine.
Tried reinstalling the app, i'll see when i go flying again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys