DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 Slow After After Android Software Update

caleb1

Reactions
The DJI GO 4 app was working fine on my Samsung J3 Eclipse until I updated the Android software on my phone to the latest version a few days ago. (What entry under "about phone" in the Android settings would be the proper thing for me to tell the version?)

Now after the update the app is very slow and I can barely get any transmission of the Mavic Pro Platinum's camera to the phone while flying.

Anyone else experiencing this? Does DJI have plans to update the app to be compatible with the latest version of Android?

Thanks for any feedback.

The DJI GO 4 app was working fine on my Samsung J3 Eclipse until I updated the Android software on my phone to the latest version a few days ago. (What entry under "about phone" in the Android settings would be the proper thing for me to tell the version?)

Now after the update the app is very slow and I can barely get any transmission of the Mavic Pro Platinum's camera to the phone while flying.

Anyone else experiencing this? Does DJI have plans to update the app to be compatible with the latest version of Android?

Thanks for any feedback.
"About Phone" > "Software Information" > "Android Version"

The upgrade may have also caused some other apps to become active. Android seems to be sloppy in that regard. Try disabling as many apps you don't use as possible; make sure you're in airplane mode; turn off wi-fi, bluetooth etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here

Good luck

Reactions: caleb1
The upgrade may have also caused some other apps to become active. Android seems to be sloppy in that regard. Try disabling as many apps you don't use as possible; make sure you're in airplane mode; turn off wi-fi, bluetooth etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here

Good luck
Does turning on airplane mode and disabling Wi-Fi etc. effect positioning info for the mavic when flying?

Does turning on airplane mode and disabling Wi-Fi etc. effect positioning info for the mavic when flying?
I keep mine on airplane mode, and disable wi-fi, bluetooth and location/gps. I figure the less possible interference the better.

I keep mine on airplane mode, and disable wi-fi, bluetooth and location/gps. I figure the less possible interference the better.
Ok. I will try that next time. So the phone's signals are not needed when flying with the controller.

Also where would I go on my phone to disable the apps that the update might have enabled?

Thanks

Ok. I will try that next time. So the phone's signals are not needed when flying with the controller.

Also where would I go on my phone to disable the apps that the update might have enabled?

Thanks
On mine it's, "Settings" > "Apps"

I am also having the same issue after updating to the latest android on my Nexus 6P. I've tried running DJI GO 4 immediately after rebooting the phone, and also I'm in aeroplane mode. It's now too laggy to be usable. :(

Edited to add : going back to DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16 fixed the problem. :)

Last edited:
I tried in airplane mode with the developer option on Android to disable background processes on and it was slightly better but still pretty bad.

I will try going back to the previous version of DJI GO 4 and will see if that will fix the problem and will report back here.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada