DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Training / Demo Mode

calmar81

Reactions
Is there a way in the DJI go 4 app to pretend that a particular drone is connected?

If you select a drone from the drop-down menu, you can tap on "live view" on the bottom right, then "open camera view" and you have at least some possibilities to interact with the app.

Unfortunately, you can not play through the entire user flow to "practice".

I think it would be great if I could try out the settings on the road, without a drone and remote control, only with my smartphone and memorize it with the user flow in order to be able to react faster when flying. Of course, this comes naturally with the time and it is relatively easy, but a training opportunity or a chance to refresh the knowledge would still be great

I think there are a couple of 'DJI Flight Simulators' about - but I've not had any success getting them loaded on my PC.
Easiest thing to do is just set your drone up on a table and take the prop's off so it won't start up and fly off if you accidentally do something you shouldn't. Connect up Go 4 and turn everything on and go for it ...
The other thing is to study training websites and/or videos ... I found this site useful:
DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot's Handbook - DJI Guides

Reactions: calmar81
I think there are a couple of 'DJI Flight Simulators' about - but I've not had any success getting them loaded on my PC.
Easiest thing to do is just set your drone up on a table and take the prop's off so it won't start up and fly off if you accidentally do something you shouldn't. Connect up Go 4 and turn everything on and go for it ...
The other thing is to study training websites and/or videos ... I found this site useful:
DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot's Handbook - DJI Guides
Thanks for the quick and helpful response! Thumbswayup

I would prefer to tap through the „real thing“: just use the app, without having to use anything else. But I thought before, this may not be possible.

No it is not possible becasue exactly what is shown in there depends on the version of all connected things, so they're only going to be representative when everything is connected.

Reactions: calmar81
Hmm... what a pity, because that would be a nice feature in the app.

Either "my drones" setups loaded from the app or the cloud, or at least the last connected drones or the latest firmware version per drone via dropdown menu as a simulation basis.

wishful thinking is certainly allowed :)

Giving Go 4 a 'simulator mode' does sound like a good idea, but from a software point of view, it would be a nightmare and introduce so many glitch-points it would not be funny! It would be better to have an entirely stand-alone simulator app' that couldn't run the Drone ... That way it would be fail-safe in not having any effect on your flying software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre