DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji GO 4 v.4.2.20

4.2.21 not available for android
If im wrong please correct me

I uninstalled 4.2.20 from my android tablet - waiting for info which is a stable version i can use for my M1P only flew it once
I have the spark to play and its fine so far

4.2.21 not available for android
If im wrong please correct me

I uninstalled 4.2.20 from my android tablet - waiting for info which is a stable version i can use for my M1P only flew it once
I have the spark to play and its fine so far
I'm flying with my S8 on 4.2.13 with no problems. My cat s60 was all good up to the point of the update... Yes android always bit behind... 4.2.21 not out yet... Only available for ios. Try rolling back to 4.213.....? Strongs.

Hi guys. I also had problems with the new software right here on my holiday adres where I want to take proper footage.
But I solved it by deleting v.4.2.20 on my Android phone and then download v.4.2.16 and installed it.

Reactions: dvarapala
How annoying!!!

I bought a MP a couple mos ago and it has been fine. These latest updates are horrible. Video jumpy, pixelated mess.

My good friend has a Crystal Sky and it did the same thing. He spent a ton on that and is really po'd.

For a while there I was enjoying this drone. Took it on vacation. The app updated and I could barely fly it.

I use an Galaxy Tab S3 (newer one). It has plenty enough in the specs. I had no problems caching video, and streaming in full 1080 until 4.2.20
I also have an Note 8 and it too was perfect and nearly as bright as my friends CS. It sucks now too.

Before someone with iOS starts telling me to buy an iPad, I grabbed my iPad Mini 4 and it was good for a couple batteries and then it got messy, but not as bad. So is this all around just a bad version of Go4? I use these Android devices because to me after trying many tablets, these Samsung screens are brighter and look better and are more accurate for my photography.

I bought Litchi and it works perfectly. How long has this garbage app been garbage?

When going back to older APK of Go4, what's the best process? Will I lose all the flight data in Go4, plus the images and cache I already have?
Should I download those files to the phone (good ones, not the pixelated mess).

I watched some online video but that was very old. 2016. Is that procedure different? Thanks!

I've watched this group for a bit, and have now joined. Looking forward to posting and helping when I can.

As much as I want to look forward to a MP2, DJI having these problems make me not sure I want to buy from them. I have the Spark, MP. Spark after an update started doing random things. Not being steady, had to recal it and the rc because it drifted a ton. Then when in gesture mode, it nearly took the head off of a person next to me. Just flat out jetted out at the person. They ducked and I managed to regain control. I never use that mode now, especially close proximity. Seriously considering an Autel Evo at this point.

Reactions: goixiz
Since installing 4.2.20 on my Android Samsung Tab A, I have not been able to calibrate my compass, I have major pixelation of the screen making it worthless, & a 3 to 4 second lag causing me to hit a tree busting all 4 props. I am parking my MP until I find a resolution. With all the BS from DJI & crappy updates & cluttering screen with "safety" junk, not thinking of buying from them again...
You flew with failed compass cal?

Hi guys. I also had problems with the new software right here on my holiday adres where I want to take proper footage.
But I solved it by deleting v.4.2.20 on my Android phone and then download v.4.2.16 and installed it.

I can report that 4.2.14 also works.

You flew with failed compass cal?
Yes, about a 100 yds away... Since then, I have been able to fly at home & the compass is fine. But the lag & pixelation is really bad - I don't go but a few hundred feet away & if I lose sight of it for a second - I shet & go to RTH... This really sucks!

Yes, about a 100 yds away... Since then, I have been able to fly at home & the compass is fine. But the lag & pixelation is really bad - I don't go but a few hundred feet away & if I lose sight of it for a second - I shet & go to RTH... This really sucks!
You do realise that flying with the compass not calibrated could mean that even if you are flying LOS, if things go wrong, hitting RTH doesn’t mean it would definitely come back to you? If the imu & compass start ‘arguing’ over which way North is, you’re likely to get a fly away!

Reactions: goixiz
You do realise that flying with the compass not calibrated could mean that even if you are flying LOS, if things go wrong, hitting RTH doesn’t mean it would definitely come back to you? If the imu & compass start ‘arguing’ over which way North is, you’re likely to get a fly away!
Yep! I know that but I also said the compass starting working just fine the next time I flew. Does anyone have any solutions out there other than not buying DJI's Big Brother stuff anymore...

ios 4.2.22 is out today but nothing yet for android and their own skyxxxxx is android and has probs, must be a tough problem to fix

Reactions: HDBOB
I report serious issues with version .20. I have been having terrible lag and pixelation on my live video feed for a few weeks on my galaxy s7. Never had a single issue before. Somebody on here told me it is due to the new version having problems. I uninstalled .20, and downloaded .16.It is now back to perfect. Flew 3 batts and went out 2 miles without a single hiccup. In the future, i won't be so quick to click that "update firmware" button.

Last edited:
yup i know about that thats why im hoping there is a 4.2.22 for android im using 4.2.16 o 3 devices and fine

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada