DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji GO 4 v.4.2.20

I noticed a lot of lag and glitches too after updating to android 4.2.20, up to a point that it was practically impossible to keep a moving subject in frame. Previously it was rock solid :(.
GO3 (IOS) was also updated the same day and my Inspire1 went into atti every time I took off, after getting a solid GPS connection and setting the homepoint. No metal or interference on the beach where I was.

So both GO3 and GO4 have been screwed up again by DJI.

Reactions: Drgnfli and kenny d
I was wondering why there was such bad video feed to my Asus Zenpad 10. When I use Litchi the video feed is very clear with absolutely no lag. Waiting for DJI to fix this.

DJI... also take away the ISO lock for D-Log!!!!!!! We don't need you to set our ISO for us.

Didn't even realise mine had updated automatically, I 've flown without issue since.

Wish you'd get some heads-up of a firmware update though. None recently but it's a PITA when you go out to fly and have to wait 10' and 1 battery for the update to complete.

Updated to 4.2.21 on iOS 11.4 on my iPhone 6 Plus. Flew for 15 min just now. No issues. I also make sure I put my phone in Do Not Disturb and quit all other apps running in the background. Having other apps open I believe was causing me to lose connection with my Mavic Pro with my iPhone. Never lost connection with the RC, though. In fact did a commercial shoot on Thurs (running 4.2.20 at the time) and lost connection with the phone but video kept recording. iPhone reconnected at one point and then lost connection again. I was able to successfully complete my assignment, however, and there was no interruption with the actual video footage.

Hey I just tried out my bird for the first time since the update and have exactly the same issue. Choppy video and a lag of around 2 seconds. Never had that before. I tried reinstalling Go4 app, formatting the card, nothing. On one occasion it started off good and around a minute in it went to crap.
When you say you "refreshed your firmware" what exactly do you mean?

What is often not mentioned is what devise (iOS or Android) is being used and what version of firmware and the operating system and most important what versions of processors are on board.

When I got my Mavic in mid 2017 I was using the DJI Go 4 and Litchi apps and both ran great. NO video issues.
But my devise was an Samsung Note 4, which was fine.

Naively I dutifully upgraded every time a new version was out. This included firmware as well. Then earlier this year everything went to hell. The video feeds were awful for both DJI and Litchi.

Finally, Litchi told me that my device the Note 4 was too slow, too old, processing power insufficient, and I needed the $$$$ upgrade device - they provided some examples.

IF THEY (BOTH DJI AND LITCHI) HAD HAD THE DECENCY TO TELL THAT I WAS GOING TO NEED ...... I SIMPLY WOULD NOT HAVE UPGRADED. ......IT IS NOT EASY TO DOWNGRADE. BUT THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE. ITS A WORKAROUND AT BEST.

The old Note 4 does every thing I need and more. I have stopped all upgrade notices that I get almost daily on this phone.

SO when you say everything is groovy ,,, please include specs on the device you are using. The details...

DJI broke the JPG downlink on android maybe 5 months ago now and still havent fixed it (no images get downlinked at all during flight).
Its pretty much forced me to use an older modified APK where someone else fixed what DJI can't be bothered to.

Reactions: frank19
So I'm on android, I used the previous version once before upgrading to 4.2.20, flew it once, saw massive amount of image banding as soon as recording was started. I do want to revert to an older version but questions is what version should I be using? perhaps there's a good/better version to go back to but I've only flown twice so that's not something I have experience with. Appreciate any inputs on this

So I'm on android, I used the previous version once before upgrading to 4.2.20, flew it once, saw massive amount of image banding as soon as recording was started. I do want to revert to an older version but questions is what version should I be using? perhaps there's a good/better version to go back to but I've only flown twice so that's not something I have experience with. Appreciate any inputs on this
Sorry to hear... I was hoping this was sorted out...v4.2.19 did the same on my phone.. Still did not fly today after updating to v4.
2.20.... Older vs on s8 4.2.14 got no glitches or pixel problems... Hope this help.

Sorry to hear... I was hoping this was sorted out...v4.2.19 did the same on my phone.. Still did not fly today after updating to v4.
2.20.... Older vs on s8 4.2.14 got no glitches or pixel problems... Hope this help.

hopefully they fix it soon, they seemed to have hot fixed it for iOS with 4.2.21, I'd try that if it comes out for android. In the meantime I found 4.2.16, might've been what I use the 1st time, will give that a try in my garage before taking it out

I had A scary event the other day when my Mavic had firmware 4.2.20 that I had just down loaded
I always check to see if there are any before i leave home
I had just finished unpacking and setting up and I had run thou all my safety checks
And I did a compass calibration since this was not my usual spot
I had plenty of satellites and she gave me the go
So I lifted off slowly as usual
And as the bird was 2 feet off the pad
It just seamed to have a mind of its own
And as it started to rise I tried not to panic and all of a sudden the control started to respond to my downward action to land when it was about 7 feet off the pad
I continued to fly a bit But it was trying again wanting to rise in altitude
Or at worse fly away so i packed up and when I got home I ran it thou to see if there were any updates and there was the 4.2.21
I downloaded it BUT ...........
I have not flown since but I have gone thou all my settings because I have heard that the settings sometimes can get reset after one of these updates
But I don't know
Has anyone had this or any other anomalies

Reactions: Drgnfli
I'm confused. Version 4.2.20 is not firmware, but rather the version number of the Go4 app. I'll be making a flight today with 4.2.21 to see how it goes.Had no issues with 4.2.20 but some had issues with the C buttons on the back of the RC.

I'm confused. Version 4.2.20 is not firmware, but rather the version number of the Go4 app. I'll be making a flight today with 4.2.21 to see how it goes.Had no issues with 4.2.20 but some had issues with the C buttons on the back of the RC.
Thanks very much I'm sorry I made a mistake on that one I'm not all that familiar with everything yet

I upgraded my app Saturday, and the video was all glitchy and I had a really bad video lag on my Samsung Tab A. Never had that before. I ended up refreshing my firmware and it seemed to work. I flew 1 or 2 batteries and all was fine. I got to fly today, and it's back to the same issues, glitchy video and video lag. Was practically unflyable and couldn't hold anything in the frame. Going to try to go back a version in the app and see how that works. Hope they come out with a fix soon. Hoping to fly this weekend.

Salutations all,
Adding to the topic, I also experienced the same issues, all glitchy, like watching Satellite TV in the middle of a thunderstorm, very bad video lag on my Samsung Tab which I never had that before. I was horrified this was happening as it was my 3 flight since buying Mavic Pro and images of dread filling my head of me waving my hand by watching my Mavic flying away into the sunset out of site and no video stream to see where it has gone too.

Any suggestions what one should check, double check for video streaming setting as there appears to be a multitude of setting which can be changed?

Check the USB cable. Those seem to cause the most issues with laggy video or app disconnects. The supplied ones are terrible.

Reactions: ErikDF
With all due respect, I don't think with so many people experiencing the same issues right after the update that the problem lies in the cables.
Jip.. Not the cables.. Had same problem early January this year with an upp and firmware update... Some glitches in app. Normally a few weeks pass before all will be sorted out...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21