DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 v4.1.0

Only issue that I have with 4.1.0 (android) is that zoom with 5D button doesn't work anymore (pinch to zoom works normally though)

hmm.. yea, I seem to have read someone saying the same thing...
hmm

Yes, just prior to the upgrade (and reason for) I got a new Iphone.

Before, when using the Samsung, I could make it work, marginally, if I jumped through a lot of hoops prior to flying, ( GPS and WIFI off, cacheing off etc.) and even then occasionally I would run into performance issues, such as lagging, pixelation, and sluggish or no command responses to active track, etc.

Being a long time hold out, I hate to admit that now, using the Iphone it is flawless.

But, again, in the interest of full disclosure, I was using an old Galaxy s4 and I have no idea how well the newer Andriod devices handle it. Given the evidence supporting the IOS, I just wasn't willing to risk it.

I know when I went from android to ios there was a noticeable difference between the two.

It looks like I have 4.0.7 installed. If I upgrade to the latest version, will it force me to update my firmware? I am running .400. It sounds like I could go ahead and update the app (?) without any problems but I would prefer to keep the old firmware.

It looks like I have 4.0.7 installed. If I upgrade to the latest version, will it force me to update my firmware? I am running .400. It sounds like I could go ahead and update the app (?) without any problems but I would prefer to keep the old firmware.

I made a mistake.. my android still on 4.0.7... not 4.0.8..

no force update for me even though I don't turn off wifi or 4g and stuff..
the message that used to pop up before saying DJI's new app rule or something don't even show up no more..

so I guess a lot of hype over the new update is just that,, hype... and nothing major..

No. The option is still there under general settings using Go 4.1.0, IOS.
Maybe recent firmware has something to do with it? I'm on .0400.
I reinstalled the IOS app and updated the firmware. I still don't have an option to turn off Geo. Maybe that's just not available in the US anymore?

I reinstalled the IOS app and updated the firmware. I still don't have an option to turn off Geo. Maybe that's just not available in the US anymore?
I'm in the US and it is still available on my system.

Only issue that I have with 4.1.0 (android) is that zoom with 5D button doesn't work anymore (pinch to zoom works normally though)
Just got a new Samsung s8 Plus phone and installed the latest 4.1.0 Android app and updated the latest firmware. 5D button doesn't zoom. I tried it with my lichi app and 5D button allows the zoom so it is definitely a 4.1.0 app issue with DJI Go 4

Yep my 5D zoom isn't working either. When I have it on 4k it gives you the notice (as always) that zoom isn't available in 4k but when you change the resolution down to something lower it just does nothing. I didn't think about using pinch to zoom but I will try that on the next flight.

Don't like my Android phone and I really don't like any mobile phone to be honest. But my iPad mini 4 works without any issues. Life with a mobile phone would be great I grew up without a phone so I wouldn't miss it. Disconnect from the phone system now that is cool to me:p

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Here's a first firmware .800 Flight restrictions

For those of you with problems with the 5D button zoom issue -- There is no zoom when in 4K and never was. Zoom is available in 2.7K and below. Try changing the video cache feed from HD to Normal in settings.
I'm hearing mixed reviews on the above solution depending on your device iso or Android

Last edited:
Reactions: LMTLESS
I am keeping my version 4.0.7 based on your issues. Eventually I'll probably have to update it though.... just like my .400 firmware!!

Frankly speaking, I didn't even notice the difference.
People are saying what is happening when they upgrade FW and app is that all the app settings revert to different default settings then the original defaults from passed upgrades --- you need to reset and check all settings B4 you fly .
The video cache reverts to HD this is preventing the 5D zoom from working , it need to be set to Normal to regain its function .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload