DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO App crashing

After unistalling, rebooting, and re-installing the app, it seems to be working better.

However, it still crashed once on me when I tried to enable activetrack. Very disconcerting to have the app crash while the drone is 300ft in the air.

Charging again....I'll keep testing and see if it starts working better.
That's bad but shouldnt be disconcerting.... you can still fly it without the app.

So I started getting constant crashes when optical sensors start beeping. I hovered it and walked in front, crash. Started it up again, walked in front, crash.

I'm running on a Nexus 6P, Android 7.1.1

I have a Galaxy S7 so was a bit concerned, but noticed the DJI Go app updated the other day. I was preparing to use my old S5 or my iPhone6 (it has 128 GB so I might do this anyway).

When I got the S7 I used Samsung app to transfer the S5 data across, but noticed phone was slow and the settings cog wasn't working. In short I blew away the phone and started from scratch. If anyone has glitchy issues with an android phone (especially after a major S/W update of the OS, taking it back to a factory restore is usually the best way to proceed). Just make sure your data has been backed up to cloud storage before you do it!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Could you point me in the direction of what settings need to be enabled on my phone? I see a Force GPU Rendering option in the developer settings.
I'm also interested in where these settings are...I'm not familiar with them on my Nexus 5x but had a ton of app crashes today...looking to reduce the likelihood of crashes. Any ideas?

Ok there is something with Nexus and DJI. Nexus are great devices my opinion the best of android but I own a P3 4k runs great on my Nexus 5x phone and runs on my Nexus 7 gen2 tablet well if I do a full re-boot before flight, I can understand that as the Nexus 7 is 3 year old tech. Here's the big BUT just got a Mavic and the Go app crashes towards the end of flight with my Nexus 5x phone, the phone gets really hot so I think it shuts down, tried it on the nexus 7 tablet expecting the worst and it works fine doesn't even get warm so I'm confused? The 5x phone has a much more powerful cpu and more ram.

Ok there is something with Nexus and DJI. Nexus are great devices my opinion the best of android but I own a P3 4k runs great on my Nexus 5x phone and runs on my Nexus 7 gen2 tablet well if I do a full re-boot before flight, I can understand that as the Nexus 7 is 3 year old tech. Here's the big BUT just got a Mavic and the Go app crashes towards the end of flight with my Nexus 5x phone, the phone gets really hot so I think it shuts down, tried it on the nexus 7 tablet expecting the worst and it works fine doesn't even get warm so I'm confused? The 5x phone has a much more powerful cpu and more ram.

Yes I've been having intermittent crashes with my Nexus 5x since I got the Mavic in October. I bought a tablet mount and today tried 3 flights: first with the 5x - crashed several times then worked ok for the duration (and a distance record of 20,200'). Then I switched to the Nexus 9, one flight with Go 4 and another with Litchi and both were perfect. No crashes, no glitches. Don't know what's wrong with the 5x - it's such a great phone for everything else.

I've only just started experiencing this issue with my Nexus 6P, was fine before. Today it just started crashing intermittently. No need to panic, but it's annoying when you're trying to get a shot and it happens. Had to fly blind and hope for the best, the footage was ok, but exposure was a little over, wouldn't have happened if I could see what I was shooting. Stupid app. Grrr! Old thread, yet there's still no solution it seems.

Since then I've resurrected my son's old Galaxy S5 and it works fine. Using the Nexus tablet and phone on Android 7.1.1 just doesn't really work with Go (fine with Litchi though).

When the app crashes, what does the drone do? Does it try and return to home automatically? Or does it just hover until you can re-open the app on your device? Just curious...

When the app crashes, the drone does whatever you tell it to do via the RC. You can no longer see telemetry and FPV of course, but you will still be connected and on the RC can still see distance, speed, height, battery etc. You don't need the app to fly - you can just use the controller. When the app crashes, you are reverted to that mode.

Purchased a mavic a few days ago. Just updated iPhone to. Sweat iOS as well as firmware on the mavic and controller and updated to the newest version of Go4. I am having crashing after deleting, powering off and reinstalling.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54