DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app disconnected twice during flight today

kykayak

Reactions
Last night I installed the newest DJI firmware update. Today while flying over a river the app disconnected twice from the drone. First time I closed the app and reopened. Then the second time i had to close app and disconnect iPhone. After the second time, I brought the Mavic home. Rattled to say the least! Thankfully I didn't lose it. Maybe this is a glitch in the new firmware? Anyone else had this happen since installing new firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Fahr
Lost comms = Return To Home

If it happens again, you should be OK and it will RTH automatically...

Just make sure your RTH altitude is set right for the area.

Except this is not lost comms, so no RTH. Not initially at least. His app lost connection with the RC. RC was still connected to aircraft.

Different thing if the controller disconnects from the drone then it is lost comms & will RTH straight away. If the DJIGO app suggest it had lost connection, first thing, look at is the controller screen and see what it says. If no "Signal Lost" Warning appears there, the issue is only with the DJIGO app. You will still have a connection and all the telemetry is there to fly it back manually. Distance being the most useful if it is far away. Better still just hit the RTH button on the RC itself and watch it come home. If you do nothing it will just sit there waiting for a command until low battery RTH triggers. Of course you restarting the app like you did is an excellent way to go. Just pointing out you have plenty of recovery tools available without the app that's all. .

But as DesertWindAero says make sure RTH is set above any obstacles.

I haven't had any issues since new firmware but I don't use an iPhone. As it looks like the app to RC connection was playing up, have you tried rebooting your iPhone since the update. Couldn't hurt.

The firmware updated last night. No new updates found today. When i go into the app and look for version I'm seeing version 3.1.1

When it disconnected, there was no camera feed. The drone stayed still and never initiated RTH. Closing the app down and restarting solved the problem for a moment. The second time, closing the app didn't help. Only after I closed the app and unhooked the phone did it work again.

I'm running an iPhone 7 plus and using just the DJI Go app and not litchi.

Go back in to the app store and search for DJIGO 4 not just DJIGO. Install version 4. You can have both your existing v3.1.1 and v4 installed concurrently on your iPhone. See how you get on with the new DJIGO 4.

Found GO version 4. Wonder why it's not considered an update to GO app. You would think it would be an update to the existing app and not a whole new app?!? Anyways, thanks! I'll give this a shot and see how it works tomorrow!

GO 4 is intended only for new drones starting with P4 I guess. They have removed the ballast of obsolete code from P2 Vision, Vision+, and P3 models to get the app more sleek and responsive.

Reactions: kykayak
Sounds like a bad connection through the cable. I was having this issue so now use a short USB / Lightning cable plugged into the underneath socket. Problem gone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Evo1668
I've had this problem a couple of times (iPhone 7, DGI Go 4 app, latest firmware). App loses camera feed and can't send smart commands (e.g. auto-land) to the drone. RC connection is still fine, and 2nd time it occurred I was videoing, the video kept recording even after I lost the app. connection. Planning to plug into the underneath RC port, to see if that remedies the issue....

Looked in the logs, but apart from the command timeout error when trying to use auto-land, no visible errors...

I've had this problem a couple of times (iPhone 7, DGI Go 4 app, latest firmware). App loses camera feed and can't send smart commands (e.g. auto-land) to the drone. RC connection is still fine, and 2nd time it occurred I was videoing, the video kept recording even after I lost the app. connection. Planning to plug into the underneath RC port, to see if that remedies the issue....

Looked in the logs, but apart from the command timeout error when trying to use auto-land, no visible errors...

I had the same issue this morning with the same configuration. The only difference is I had a 7+ instead of a 7. I'll be interested to hear whether using the other port makes a difference. I won't have a chance to try again until the weekend.

I'm having exactly the same problem, I had it with previous update too, what I do is pull the plug out of iPhone and put it back in, this way is much quicker to reconnect.

I have had the same problem a few times. Was hoping the new DJI Go 4 App and/or firmware update would fix it but still getting it occasionally (iPhone 6+)

try using your own cable. I had the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, it was one of my first things to try & it didn't make any difference the fault still there! Thanks anyway

I had this problem with a Samsung S7. It happened on the new Go 4 app, all firmware updated, but with me, it happened when I tried using the point of interest feature.

I had the same issue this morning with the same configuration. The only difference is I had a 7+ instead of a 7. I'll be interested to hear whether using the other port makes a difference. I won't have a chance to try again until the weekend.

I've had a chance to get out twice now with a standard iPhone lightning cable plugged into the fullsize port on the controller and it seems to have solved the issue for me. Did a 11 minute flight and no issues at all.

I've had a chance to get out twice now with a standard iPhone lightning cable plugged into the fullsize port on the controller and it seems to have solved the issue for me. Did a 11 minute flight and no issues at all.
I went out flying today and lost video at least 3 times so used a different cable in the bottom USB port and the problem didn't reoccur. It does look like an issue with the supplied lightning cable or the port on the side. I am going to contact DJI about it on Monday

Reactions: Rory McCune
I went out flying today and lost video at least 3 times so used a different cable in the bottom USB port and the problem didn't reoccur. It does look like an issue with the supplied lightning cable or the port on the side. I am going to contact DJI about it on Monday

Be very interested to hear what they say, hopefully it'll be either the cable at fault or a software problem with the controller, either of which should be easy enough to resolve.

Reactions: Skids
I flew 1 battery this weekend with no issues. I used the supplied cable from the side port to an iPhone 7+. Between my last failed flight and this flight I took the following steps:
  • Fresh installation of the Go App
    • Deleted the Go App from the phone (both versions - 3 & 4)
    • Backed up the phone
    • Wiped the phone completely
    • Reinstalled from the backup (which doesn't include the Go App or any data from the app)
    • Installed Go App (version 4) from the app store.
    • Downloaded my old flight logs
  • Used the DJI Assistant app (most recent version) to ensure both the Mavic and the controller have the most recent firmware.
I can't say for certain that both steps were necessary. For that matter I can't be completely certain the problem won't come back. However, previously it was happening within 30 seconds of launch and very consistently. This weekend there were no disconnects at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929