DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go freezes when recording 1080p

mangospoops

Reactions
Has anybody had this issue. Every time i try to record in 1080 no matter what the frame rate is the app freezes right after i hit the record button, i had been doing this for a while everything is updated to the latest firmware. The mavic keeps on recording the video on the drone itself but the app has to be restarted and unplugged from the controller and it works again until you hit record again and the same thing. It works fine on 2.7k and 4k but not 1080. Im running IOS 11 on a iPhone 7 plus and the app and drones latest update. Any tips or idea would help. I have deleted and uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times.

me too.
Iphone 7 plus Ios 11. Litchi works mostly but with nothing saving to cache I hit record and the picture stays live but the functions disable until I restart the app and unplug and plug it back in.

Same with the flight modes.

I can select the flight mode and it instructs me to draw the box but nothing is clickable on the screen until I force close restart unplug and then plug back in.

It's annoying.

Isn't limited to 1080 for me though. Any setting for me it's been crashing.

well i hope anybody can chime in maybe there is a fix i have tried to reinstall , but 1080 is what does it for me thats what makes everything in the app just freeze

well i hope anybody can chime in maybe there is a fix i have tried to reinstall , but 1080 is what does it for me thats what makes everything in the app just freeze

This needs to be bumped up. It was driving me crazy till I found out it was the 1080p making it freeze. I have a 7plus as well fully updated to iOS 11. Funny thing is it’s not the app it was the latest update DJI did to the mavic. I was recording fine until I updated the drone. Smh. Side note 720p is working also. I’m going to see if mp4 works on 1080p since I’m set to mov. Will holla back

Sorry late to the discussion... I also was getting a freeze screen when recording:

iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.1.2) and DJI GO 4 (ver 4.1.18)

I was not able to verify 1080P mode (although I'm certain that's what it was set to) before I deleted the DJI GO 4 app and reinstalled, which solved the issue. To delete the app, I went to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage -> "SHOW ALL" -> scroll down and select DJI GO 4 -> scroll down and click "Delete App"

Then just went back to App Store and downloaded again.

Hope this helps some folks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent