DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji GO or Dji GO4????

Did my maiden voyage(s) yesterday on the latest firmware and DJI GO app. Not in a hurry to use the GO 4 app just yet with al of the reported bugs.....zero crashes or any noted issues other than a few times the on screen video would freeze for about 1 second before refreshing.....I attribute this to me be in my backyard and flying in a highly populated residential area with a lot of obstructions. I tested the RTH function and it appeared to work as advertised. I haven't tried the auto takeoff since I have heard numerous reports of them dropping from the sky after using this feature. It was 20' F and had no issues with the batteries or any warnings to speak of.

I did experience the jello effect pretty bad on one flight at an altitude of about 300ft. I was using the 2.7K 30FPS video setting. I later did a very similar flight fro the same location using 4K 30FPS and it was rock solid....so not sure what the cause was but attribute it to the outside temps....will see if I can repeat it....

Overall...very impressed with the Mavic. Was well worth the wait. After practicing with my cheap Hubsan X4 107C for the past month, flying the Mavic is a piece of cake!

FWIW - The HERE maps are useless in my area unless you plan on looking at the from about 10K feet up.

I haven't tried the auto takeoff since I have heard numerous reports of them dropping from the sky after using this feature..

really ?? are you sure of that because

1) i've never read those stories

2) if true then it's pretty alarming as there is HIGH RISK of death after using such a common feature

Reactions: chad7218
really ?? are you sure of that because

1) i've never read those stories

2) if true then it's pretty alarming as there is HIGH RISK of death after using such a common feature
yes, it has been reported not only here on the Mavic Pilots forum but over on the DJI forum as well. You will find multiple threads of folks using the DJI GO 4 app and auto take off and within seconds of it taking off, it kills the motors and it falls to the ground with no operator intervention. If it were only 1 or 2 people I could probably discount it, but not when there are dozens...Here are a few threads about the subject:

Mavic dropped to the ground after auto takeoff

Mavic - IMU Failure and Crash on Auto Take-Off

ah oki thank you for the links !!!

one more reason for me not to switch over to DJI GO4

And actually when it comes to take off i have mainly be using the manual take off procedure ;)

ah oki thank you for the links !!!

one more reason for me not to switch over to DJI GO4

And actually when it comes to take off i have mainly be using the manual take off procedure ;)

Worth noting that I have been running the Go4 flawlessly with my setup... Auto launch everytime as I hand launch almost exclusively

Reactions: KONY
glad to hear it is working out for you.....I am sure there is something in the software causing it. Hope they find and fix it soon. Until then, I am happy with running the GO 3 app.

See this scares me about the auto take off, I have been using this feature about 5 plus times. However, I only had the mavic for a week. I'm using the DJI Go 4 app and everything is working perfectly. But with all these post stating auto take off bug. Any news when this will be fixed or what is happening? I would hate to see my drone crash only 3 feet in the air with the props turning off with a broken gimbel... please let's find some answers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard