DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go or Litchi?

jmark

Reactions
Is there any major benefits of getting lichi now that DJI has waypoint 2.0? I have the 2 Pro if it makes any difference.

I tried out the waypoint 2.0 and wasn't too impressed, flight was not smooth and even with Arc enabled the Drone footage was pretty much unusable. I was wondering whether litchi had any other features that Go doesn't? Or just smoother footage in general?

I'd love to make footage where it is one complete video from start to finish, and not just a series of small clips faded together.

Is there any major benefits of getting lichi now that DJI has waypoint 2.0? I have the 2 Pro if it makes any difference.

I tried out the waypoint 2.0 and wasn't too impressed, flight was not smooth and even with Arc enabled the Drone footage was pretty much unusable. I was wondering whether litchi had any other features that Go doesn't? Or just smoother footage in general?

I'd love to make footage where it is one complete video from start to finish, and not just a series of small clips faded together.

Litchi is better that everything it does than DJI Go 4. There are some things it doesn’t do that DJI Go 4 does but not too many important things.

The waypoints are WAY better with Litchi. I have heard some people say they have the same issue as you even with Litchi but something tells me there’s just a setting they haven’t tried yet. I could be wrong.

Reactions: charliesRig
My bird is the MP1 and I fly with an android phone. I fly Litchi App 99% of the time because the app performs almost flawlessly on my phone. DJI is a HUGE app I'm told, and is the reason it has been unreliable- disconnects between phone and controller are frequent and unexplained. I used best anker usb cable, keep phone clean of ads, 2GB RAM, 64GB storage, Developer option settings as recommended...yadda yadda yadda...DJI Go 4 still glitches.

Litchi, very very rare have I had any issues!!

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll go ahead and give it a go. Seems promising. I'm looking forward to experimenting.

I havnt installed GO past 4.06, but yeh Litchi is definitively worth the money.
It's worth it for the VR mode alone, but yeh the mission planning can be fun when not flying.
Just dont forget to update that home point.

Unlike GO, Litchi only seems to fix it bugs over time. Whereas GO is constantly removing, breaking & bollocking what you flew last month.

MavicFT1P hit it on the nose. For example here I sit 20 minutes into an update and stuck on 29% for last 15 minutes. This update scenario is just ludicrous. I appreciate the concept of reacting fast to software issues, but holy cow guys, it seems that between disconnect issues and updates my MA is available about 60% of the time to get done what I'd like it to be doing.

What we need to realize is no matter how well marketed, these are still experimental aircraft and not yet ready to in fact produce without the intervention and patience required of a experimental aircraft to get it in the sky and functioning properly.

One important consideration here is the fact that if you crash while using the Litchi APP and make a claim with DJI, it is my understanding that DJI will not use any of the flight records from Litchi to help determine fault. I’m going to stick with DJI GO 4 just for this reason.

Just remember that Litchi does ask that you keep the DJI software/firmware up to date.
DJI do say in their terms and conditions that they will not honour warranties if third party software is involved. Care Refresh is not warranty, it’s insurance.

One important consideration here is the fact that if you crash while using the Litchi APP and make a claim with DJI, it is my understanding that DJI will not use any of the flight records from Litchi to help determine fault. I’m going to stick with DJI GO 4 just for this reason.

Just remember that Litchi does ask that you keep the DJI software/firmware up to date.
DJI do say in their terms and conditions that they will not honour warranties if third party software is involved. Care Refresh is not warranty, it’s insurance.

I've heard of Litchi crashes being honored by Refresh. Not sure if that is current the protocol.
But MavicHelp should jump in here to verify that, or you should PM him OP.

I taught some folks how to use Litchi at the last DSAR (dronesar.info) meeting. It is the best choice for waypoint planning and is crosscompatible with IOS and Android. Easy to teach and learn.

Reactions: SmileyGC
I've heard of Litchi crashes being honored by Refresh. Not sure if that is current the protocol.
If you want him flag him @msinger

If it makes anyone feel better, while we were using Litchi at the DSAR meeting, there was not a single mishap, problem or glitch with the APP, despite how many people were using it. The only problems were when people miscalculated their waypoints, or altitudes.

The fact that you're using Litchi won't instantly void your DJI warranty. However, there are a few important things to keep in mind when using Litchi or any other 3rd party app.

When flying with Litchi, a DJI TXT flight log will not be created on your mobile device. That means DJI Support will have no flight log to review in a case where you lose your Mavic and believe the loss was not caused by pilot error. While Litchi does create its own flight log, it's not as comprehensive as DJI's flight logs, DJI Support likely won't want to use it, and DJI Support has no guarantee that the information within is accurate (since it was logged by Litchi).

The only other thing that could likely lead to an outcome that's not in your favor is if there's a bug in Litchi that causes the Mavic to do something you didn't intend for it to do. For example, if Litchi accidentally told the aircraft to set the home point to the wrong location (maybe over a large group of 100 foot trees) and the Mavic crashed landed at the home point, DJI would likely not replace the Mavic under warranty if they can prove the incident was caused by Litchi. In such a case, it should be easy for them to prove they are not at fault since they'd be able to review the DAT flight log from the aircraft.

These are of course just some edge cases. Most people don't run into issues like these when using Litchi. While I prefer to use DJI GO (since it does everything I need), I do own Litchi and I think it's an okay alternative app to use if it's able to do a job for someone that DJI GO cannot handle.

Reactions: dirkclod
Anyone using Litchi OR DJI Go 4 should have State Farm. Litchi has never crashed on me, although DJI Go 4 has on multiple occasions. Plus, you can livestream with Litchi, but you cant with DJI Go 4.

Does Litchi require the latest firmware, or will it work fine with older fw? I have a P4P and plan to install Litchi on my Huawei M3. I am reluctant to update the firmware because it works perfect now.

I wish I could get state farm here in northern Alberta . I have not found anyone that will give me coverage for my flying toys . Liability insurance no problem .

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty