DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go Quit Unexpectedly

REKANIX

Reactions
Hey, guys - I have a question about my DJI Go app. I know this is a Mavic forum (I have Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro 2.0), but I was flying my Phantom yesterday. I was over a river and my controller suddenly said "Unfortunately, DJI Go has shut down", and the screen went black. I was, like, "Well, uh . . .". I thought for sure I'd lost my Phantom! It was only for a few seconds, though (thankfully), and it came back on and was connected to the Phantom - I was able to continue controlling it as though nothing had happened. My friend has a Phantom 4 Pro as well, and he said the same thing happened to him yesterday, too! Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey, guys - I have a question about my DJI Go app. I know this is a Mavic forum (I have Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro 2.0), but I was flying my Phantom yesterday. I was over a river and my controller suddenly said "Unfortunately, DJI Go has shut down", and the screen went black. I was, like, "Well, uh . . .". I thought for sure I'd lost my Phantom! It was only for a few seconds, though (thankfully), and it came back on and was connected to the Phantom - I was able to continue controlling it as though nothing had happened. My friend has a Phantom 4 Pro as well, and he said the same thing happened to him yesterday, too! Has anyone else experienced this?

Don’t forget you can fly without DJI Go4 or any other control program running, and panic will not happen if you practice how to use your controller blind in case that happens again(and it probably will depending on what the reason was in the first place). Do you think it was your screen device that gave you the problem? What are you using?

Reactions: REKANIX

Just to be clear this is the built in DJI Go that is part of the P4P v2?

I was just about to ask you the same question lol

I bet it will, it’s a pretty redundant system.

Sorry to say this, And I am glad you got it back safely but I would know the answer to that one before I flew my expensive drone. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to you again, I can understand why that would be nerve-racking.

Don’t forget you can fly without DJI Go4 or any other control program running, and panic will not happen if you practice how to use your controller blind in case that happens again(and it probably will depending on what the reason was in the first place). Do you think it was your screen device that gave you the problem? What are you using?
I did not know that, thanks! I thought that once the screen went black, that was it - I was no longer in control of the UAV. I was using the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 controller (the controller that has the built in display). Thanks

I did not know that, thanks! I thought that once the screen went black, that was it - I was no longer in control of the UAV. I was using the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 controller (the controller that has the built in display). Thanks

Also, you can lose the video feed but the control feed might still be working and you might still be in control of it.

I bet it will, it’s a pretty redundant system.

Sorry to say this, And I am glad you got it back safely but I would know the answer to that one before I flew my expensive drone. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to you again, I can understand why that would be nerve-racking.
I know you're right - but in my defense, that's never happened before! But another first for me recently was having authorization to fly in Class D airspace but not being able to fly because DJI had locked me out. I now know that I need to go to Fly Safe on DJI's site and provide the necessary information for the app to unlock and let me fly.

But yes, you're right - that's why we're taught to learn to fly in Atti mode (which I have flown in Atti mode, but unfortunately I'm not very proficient at it - and, I can't fly my Mavic 2 in Atti mode because it's not available).

I know you're right - but in my defense, that's never happened before! But another first for me recently was having authorization to fly in Class D airspace but not being able to fly because DJI had locked me out. I now know that I need to go to Fly Safe on DJI's site and provide the necessary information for the app to unlock and let me fly.

But yes, you're right - that's why we're taught to learn to fly in Atti mode (which I have flown in Atti mode, but unfortunately I'm not very proficient at it - and, I can't fly my Mavic 2 in Atti mode because it's not available).

Losing even total connection to the aircraft would just cause it to preform the failsafe action (return to home unless specified otherwise.) GPS is in no way dependent on the DJI Go app

Losing even total connection to the aircraft would just cause it to preform the failsafe action (return to home unless specified otherwise.) GPS is in no way dependent on the DJI Go app
That was the first thought I had, I wonder if it will return to home - thankfully, I didn't have to wonder long, as the app came back after just a few seconds!

This is sort of related.
I have a Lenovo Tab E7 that works perfectly with my MP1 but the GO 4 app crashes every time with the MP2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert