DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO settings not stay ON: Enable Backwards Flying +

TrayBoz

Reactions
Has anyone heard of this problem?
In DJI GO 4 on the IOS, under the SENSORS section, there are 3 CHECKBOXES right next to each other that will NOT STAY TURNED ON:

They are in the section: ENABLE OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE, and are only present when you have this setting turned ON.
They all start with the words: ENABLE - Enable backwards flying, Enable something ActiveTrack, Enable Obstacle Something

So I have Obstacle Avoidance ENABLED/turned ON. So these three settings are in this section are available and default to OFF.
I turn all three to ON, but they won't stay there. As soon as I leave that window and come back, they've reset to OFF again.

I'm doing all this while the aircraft is connected and in the air (also tried it with the aircraft connected and on the ground).

Any ideas?

Also, I just tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 - same problem/no change.

You mean, I should see if the ACTIVE TRACK BACKWARDS FLYING is only capable of being enabled in Sport Mode? That wouldn't make any sense.

Thank you for trying to help. I will play with the modes and see if that makes any difference.

Any other guesses? Anyone else ever had this problem?

They are only relevant in active track mode, you might need to change them while that's enabled.
Or maybe it's an iOS bug, on Android I haven't looked at them in a while but it seemed to stay as selected and can fly backwards in activetrack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka