DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO vs GO 4?

m4v1c

Reactions
I received my DJI mavic today and as much as I want to love it, I've spent the last few hours trying to get the app & DJI assistant 2 working...I'm extremely frustrated and I just want to learn how to fly.

I've heard so many different posts about Go app vs Go 4 app; I'm aware that the manual states to use the Go 4 app, but I've seen many youtubers & pilots on this forum use the Go app. I know the Go 4 app is specifically for Mavic, however, everytime I try it nothing seems to work!!! The app loads, but the camera does not connect to my phone (Nexus 6P) & RC.

Also, I've spent hours trying to get the controller & Mavic to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 program. The program does NOT read that my drone or controller is connected to my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro); I've tried different 4-5 different USBs too...seems like other people were having the same problem.

Please help me out, I've been so stressed out and its really killing the fun out of the Mavic :(. THANK YOU!

upload_2017-1-10_0-47-50.png

I've heard so many different posts about Go app vs Go 4 app; I'm aware that the manual states to use the Go 4 app, but I've seen many youtubers & pilots on this forum use the Go app. I know the Go 4 app is specifically for Mavic, however, everytime I try it nothing seems to work!
DJI GO used to work when the Mavic was first released since that was the only app available. You should only used DJI GO 4 now though.

I've spent hours trying to get the controller & Mavic to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 program. The program does NOT read that my drone or controller is connected to my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro)
Did you try a different computer? That would at least rule out your laptop as the cause of the problem.

Reactions: m4v1c
Hmm interesting, for me the Go app works while the Go 4 app doesn't even let me connect to the camera. I also asked the DJI tech support via Live Chat and he recommended the Go app and stated that the R&D department are working a newer verison also that he will email me once the Go 4 app is ready. I hope DJI will update their app and make one that doesn't crash so much on Android phones.

I'll give that I try! I tried formatting the SD card, but Assistant 2 still doesn't work.

There are several threads about this... Experience so far seems to be highly variable. In general, IOS users have had good luck with GO4, with the caveat that power drain is high. Android people are split, however, with many reporting no problems whatsoever, and some having trouble.

In either version, it seems important to make sure this is the only ap running.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound