DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji Go4 app v4.2.8 device disconnects

JoostGT3

Reactions
So last week I updated my DJI Go4 app to version 4.2.8.

I am running an iPad Mini 4 128 GB WiFi only on iOS 11.2.6.

The Mavic Pro is running on "Latest Firmware" according to the app (don't know how to check the firmware version).

Last weekend I was flying my Mavic in absolutely perfect conditions; clear VLOS, blue sky with dotted clouds, no strong winds at all.

Two issues occured, which had never occured before to me:
  1. The app was disconnecting frequently (more than 10 time in the cause of flying 3 batteries). The connection between the RC and the Mavic was intact, footage was not affected, but the app would go blank and show "disconnected". Sometimes it would reconnect by itself within a few seconds, some times I needed to close the app, disconnect the USB cable, fire up the app, reconnect the cable and when the "Enter Device" turned to the blue "Start Flight" came up, it would all work again.

Even stronger; it just happened now, sitting on the couch, with the Mavic in front of me and the controller/iPad next to me, when I was checking the version numbers!!! :mad:

The only thing I can think of is that the 90deg USB to Lightning cable might have a bad contact or so, but when I purposely wiggle it around a bit, then the app doesn't disconnect.

2. I had the object avoidance sensors kicking in multiple times when flying into the sun... never happened before, and all of a sudden it happens multiple times per flight!
Anybody else experience these issues after updating to v4.2.8?
Anybody know how to solve these issues?

Thanks in advance guys!
Cheers Joost

1. Your update may have caused the disconnect problem. It happened to me; one day flew great, next day no video and disconnects. I found out that Go 4 updated automatically to a version that did not work with my tablet. I rolled back to an earlier version, turned off auto-updating, and haven't had a problem since. Another possibility is your cable connector is getting worn or there may be some lint or other obstruction in the connector hole.
  2. The sun lower to the horizon will cause the sensor to trigger. It is more likely over water with the added reflection. I don't know if it happens more on v4.2.8 but you can just turn it off when you need to fly toward the rising/setting sun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy