DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 constantly starting/opening

bliksem

Reactions
Magic Pro and the latest Go4 running on Android and Moto x4.
While flying the MP the Go4 app is constantly popping up the message to connect with the options of Just Once or Always.
I read a post about optimizing Android and Go4, but to be honest I don't find a quarter of the settings or options mentioned.
Yesterday I lost all communication with the drone, it did do a safe RTH and landing but I had no control at all.
Very frustrating. If I go into airplane mode on the phone then I don't get GPS, only ATTI flight mode.
Dang it I cannot go on like this.

And just to be clear, when I lost control of the drone the controller said "Disconnected" and there was no reaction from my joystick movements. The drone was oblivious of the controller.

Probably a bad cable between your phone and remote controller; try with a different cable. I started having disconnection problems with the stock cable after about a month's use. I got one of the Adam Elements RC cables - no disconnects after that. Also GPS on your phone is not needed to fly the bird in P-GPS mode; it has its own GPS. You only need GPS on your phone if you want the bird to return to your current positon rather than the home point set at the start of the flight.

I will try a different cable. I did buy a supposedly high quality USB cable for this thing.
Why when the phone is in airplane mode does the controller only show ATTI mode?

Phone being in airplane mode can not have anything to do with the aircraft being in ATTI mode. It is more likely to be a bad GPS reception in the spot you are flying it; even then it should switch to OPTI mode rather than ATTI. Which model are you flying?

Phone being in airplane mode can not have anything to do with the aircraft being in ATTI mode. It is more likely to be a bad GPS reception in the spot you are flying it; even then it should switch to OPTI mode rather than ATTI. Which model are you flying?
Mavic Pro.
It definitely switches from GPS to ATTI when I put the phone in airplane mode. There is good GPS reception on the RC.

I don't know much about the Mavic Pro, I haven't flown it. May be someone else can give you better advice. But it switching to ATTI mode because the phone is in airplane mode makes no sense at all.

While flying the MP the Go4 app is constantly popping up the message to connect with the options of Just Once or Always.
What do you do, unless you are also running Litchi hit always and at least you won't get that choosing message.
It sounds like either the app is restarting periodically or the USB connection is flakey for whatever reason.
A different known good data cable in bottom port is first thing to try.
Can the phone establish stable connection to a PC or other device?
Perhaps the micro USB socket is damaged

Just another diagnostic suggestion:
1. Noticed that you mention Litchi and DJI Go apps. Before each flight, go into your phone settings / apps and force-close BOTH Litchi and DJI Go 4 app. Then when you fire things up, choose the app you want to flight selecting "one time only"

2. On start-up, start your controller, then your aircraft WITHOUT THE USB PLUGGED INTO THE PHONE. After Controller and aircraft are powered up THEN plug USB cable into phone.

I read a post about optimizing Android and Go4, but to be honest I don't find a quarter of the settings or options mentioned.
Yesterday I lost all communication with the drone, it did do a safe RTH and landing but I had no control at all.
Very frustrating. If I go into airplane mode on the phone then I don't get GPS, only ATTI flight mode.
Dang it I cannot go on like this.
Sounds like a bad DJI cable into the side micro-USB connector to me. Try using a cable from the USB-A socket in the base of the controller, to your phone - but remember to remove the short DJI cable completely from the RC Controller as it blocks the use of the USB-A port if it's still plugged in.

OP, you have several different things going on at the same time.

1. Your controller disconnected from the drone and did a RTH, and you had no control of the drone. This means that you have a problem between the controller and the drone. This needs to be corrected before you even take another flight.

a. Take the props off. Set the drone on a table. Turn on the controller. Turn on the drone. See if the controller connects to the drone. If so, leave it on for 5 minutes.​
b. Next, go outside and make sure you are in open area. Dont even connect your Moto. Turn on the controller, then the drone. Hover it for 5 minutes but dont fly it anywhere. See if it stays connected. Use line of sight to fly. If all this works, go on to step 2.​
2. Go inside again. Set the drone on a table. Turn on the controller. Turn on the drone. Wait till it connects. Connect your Moto 4. See if DJI Go 4 pops up. If so, open it up. Leave it on the table for 5 minutes. See if it stays connected, and that you are getting telemetry readings, video feed, etc. Turn off the drone. Turn off the controller. Turn off your device. Repeat this again until you are sure you have a stable connection. It should start and stay connected every time. If it doesnt, its better that it happen on your table than in the air.

If I were you, I wouldnt set foot outside until I was sure your drone stays connected to the controller, and your device stays connected to the controller. If anything fails, start from #1 again to isolate the problem. We dont want to see your drone fly away, and Im sure you dont want that either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78