DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P and M2Z newcomer questions about firmware -and- no-fly-zone updates

pchaps

Reactions
Before I start, please know that I am indeed doing intensive reading of past posts here to learn. Now that I have ATTI mode activated on my recently-acquired Mavic 2's (Pro and Zoom!), I would prefer to keep the current firmware versions. A few questions: 1) No Fly Zones Updates: I get prompts in Assistant to "update no fly zones" is that different than a firmware update?; and can I still fly if I decline? 2) Firmware Updates: can I stick with my current firmwares on my M2Pro and M2Zoom and still be able to fly? For the latter, I see posts that some users have their original versions and "it aint broke." 3) Go 4 Updates: Is updating the DJI Go4 app different and separate from the above? Are Go4 updates required?

Any insight to the items above such as what role Go4 has in defining prohibited flight areas, etc would be appreciated. I have Part 107 cert and will fly legally -- just coming from traditional Taranis controller and trying to understand the inner workings the DJI system. Again, I want to keep my current firmware version because it works and I want to keep my ATTI mode option that I have activated, and am used to utilizing from my homebult days.

Last edited:
Ignore button. Try it.
If you use the ignore button, aircraft will still fly. Updates are Not mandatory.
Updating the Go4 app has nothing to do with aircraft firmware. There are some aircraft features that may be limited by being on an old Go4 app.

Reactions: pchaps
Ignore button. Try it.
If you use the ignore button, aircraft will still fly. Updates are Not mandatory.
Updating the Go4 app has nothing to do with aircraft firmware. There are some aircraft features that may be limited by being on an old Go4 app.
Starz, Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi