DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 - Latest update issues?

Yes, at least on Android. My Google Pixel XL always worked beautifully with the Go 4 app until the latest update. I now have severe issues. The image pixelates or just turns into a blob the moment the camera moves.

I am also noticing severe pixelation on both my phone and tablet, both android.

Seems intermittent.

I think I jinxed it. I was commenting to a friend the other day how stable the app and firmware have been for a few months now. After the latest update, I can not fly at all. The screen is so pixelated and laggy, it is completely unusable. I am flying with a Galaxy S7 edge and a stock MP.

Go 4 for Android still not fixed; pretty much unusable. However, IOS seems to be OK.

IOS - iPad. Update installed this morning before first flight. Initial problem with Gimbal failure. Restarted everything and came back normal. During second sortie using DJI Go 4, began to have various error messages. Remote Controller reports "SYS Error - Check App" However, control seemed normal. Completed autonomous flights using DJI Ground Station and Drone Deploy. Flights ran normally with no anamonlies noted. Remote Controller still reported "Check App" error. Will continue to use with hope that the next update will fix the problem.

Took the Mavic out today and for the first time got "drone disconnected" over and over since app update last night. Anyone else? Suggestions to fix, please?

Took the Mavic out today and for the first time got "drone disconnected" over and over since app update last night. Anyone else? Suggestions to fix, please?
What platform? My iPad is still performing perfectly with 4.2.21

Reactions: dgd3
Any problems with the latest update?
So both GO3 and GO4 have been screwed up again by DJI.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to fly for a couple weeks due to high winds but in that time, update 4.2.20 has come out & updated my MP. I've attempted to fly twice in the last 2 days & have had nothing but close disasters. One of my first problems was I needed to calibrate the compass. I have never ever, ever had to calibrate the **** compass since the day I got the MP eight months ago. Plus I had flown in this spot numerous times before. It didn't matter though because no matter what I tried or where I moved to, the compass would not be calibrated. I even removed my watch, my knife & my phone from the immediate area. I decided to take off & see if it 'cleared.' It was turning to 'green' then to 'red' & back & forth as I hovered above my take off point. It stayed green & I went down range about 200 yds when the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android) went berserk. I guess the proper term is pixelated. Anyway, the upper half of my screen was OK but the bottom half started changing colors; then as my MP hovered out there, the whole screen went blank. Luckily the remote controls still worked & I flew it back. I tried my other two batteries which were no help at all! I ended up leaving a gorgeous spot on the Verde River without flying but for that short 2 minute abort! Today, everything looked good with a "green" take off & home point recorded. I flew up to 200' & headed off about 1/10 mile when the pixelation changed the screen to a beautiful green then to a pink, & a few other colors I was not interested in! Nice to look at but crappy to recognize landmarks! About then I used the green line to turn & head for home. Then, still out of ear shot, my Samsung Tablet A screen turned black & I could not restart the Go 4 app. I didn't dare reboot the tablet or so I feared. With no green line to follow, I used the "fwd" stick to continue what, luckily, was facing "home.' In my panic, I forgot to push the RTH button on the RC as I always use the screen icon on the Tablet A for a RTH. I used the control sticks to bring her home & land - luckily I started @ 200'. In this area, I have flown way out farther than this flight many times with no pixelation & have great flights. Oh, & one more point - there is a "lag" of about 3 seconds when you press an icon on the screen or move a control stick. So what is going on? How do I revert back to update 4.2.16 as I have had no problems up until this 4.2.20 update?

Yes...Mavic Platinum...iPhone6...flew it today in a yellow part of a No Fly Zone after I self-unlocked. No problem until the "safety notification" popped up on the screen reminding me that I was flying in a area where I needed to take special care and take responsibility for flyng in this area.....no problem with any of this until I tried to click "OK" to to remove the notification. I couldn't get it to go away...it would not recognize my clicking no matter what I did. I was able to take off, fly...land...take video...all with this notification blocking most of my screen. It made it VERY difficult and made some commands inaccessible. Did anyone else have this problem or know how to get the notifications to disappear?

Yes, at least on Android. My Google Pixel XL always worked beautifully with the Go 4 app until the latest update. I now have severe issues. The image pixelates or just turns into a blob the moment the camera moves.

Try rolling back to 4.2.14 - that seems to have done the trick for me.

Yes...Mavic Platinum...iPhone6...flew it today in a yellow part of a No Fly Zone after I self-unlocked. No problem until the "safety notification" popped up on the screen reminding me that I was flying in a area where I needed to take special care and take responsibility for flyng in this area.....no problem with any of this until I tried to click "OK" to to remove the notification. I couldn't get it to go away...it would not recognize my clicking no matter what I did. I was able to take off, fly...land...take video...all with this notification blocking most of my screen. It made it VERY difficult and made some commands inaccessible. Did anyone else have this problem or know how to get the notifications to disappear?
You need to put a tick in the small circle before you hit ok. Difficult to see in sunlight

Try

Try a different cable from the controller to the iPad. I had that problem before and thought it was the equipment, turned out he connector on the cable was worn. Changed it and everything went well afterwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird