DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggle fit mod

Seems like a business opportunity for someone to manufacture a range of replacement foam pad sets to fit a range of head "aspect ratios". Some other liner material that wasn't sticky foam skin would be nice too.

I tried that strap trick long ago and it "worked" in the sense that it keeps it from falling off – BUT – it's wobbly and too much weight and pressure is put on your head and is not sustainable for me. Just not comfortable and very awkward. I returned my goggles to Best Buy before these ideas were brought up.
The real answer is for DJI to eliminate the large and un-necessary hard back piece and substitute a lighter and cheaper nylon strap like the ones on bike helmets and your standard FatSharks. I love the goggles and wish my head was the "right" shape. Ha!
img_1578-jpg.35891
img_1579-jpg.35892
img_1580-jpg.35893
img_1581-jpg.35894

This is how I fit my chin strap for my goggle. Valcro and strap from a used bicycle helmet. Works Great without worry of the goggle falling off or flipping up your goggle up right to see the real world. :)

I removed the extra head rest - thanks freebird! - and instantly the goggles fit better and weren't falling off whenever the goggles were flipped up. The goggles were all but useless before. But it's still not perfect now; I might try Aloha_MavicPro's strap solution. You want the goggles to be comfortable, but first they have to be secure. You certainly can't be messing around with goggle fit when the mavic is in the air!

And I think that with respect to head shape, instead of using "not normal" or "oriental" or "come on man", we can safely substitute the words "not my" head shape into the discussion. So now I can definitively say that the stock goggles were not designed for MY head shape.
Perfect explanation without exposing your character flaws..lol

Not that u have any... Hee..

img_1578-jpg.35891
img_1579-jpg.35892
img_1580-jpg.35893
img_1581-jpg.35894

This is how I fit my chin strap for my goggle. Valcro and strap from a used bicycle helmet. Works Great without worry of the goggle falling off or flipping up your goggle up right to see the real world. :)

Hahahaha I had a great laugh at this. I am going to try put straps on too, I didn’t think I would be able to look more dorky wearing these goggles but I am sure I will after doing this mod...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000