DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggle fit mod

PZ4770

Reactions
I have been very disappointed with the way the DJI goggles fit my head shape. To make them fit better I tried to install a chin strap which helped but still didn't fix the way the head band sat on my head. I decided to remove the top section of the head mount by removing the two small screws. Wow! now the headband sits low on the back of my head and fits as it should. The design is obviously for the non standard headshape. Wanted to post since this is a common complaint.

Last edited:
Can you post a photo? I'm not 100% sure what the top section of the head mount is, I'm thinking it may be the small curved piece in the front I do not see two screws that hold it on. I don't want to start lifting padding looking for them, would hate to mess it up.

You will need to push the pad back slightly to see the small crews and remove them no damage will result. It is the curved top sectrion that in my opinion will cause the headband not to fit most head shapes.

Last edited:
I found them, thanks! I'll find a small Phillips screwdriver in the morning and give it a go.

I have been very disappointed with the way the DJI goggles fit my head shape. To make them fit better I tried to install a chin strap which helped but still didn't fix the way the head band sat on my head. I decided to remove the top section of the head mount by removing the two small screws. Wow! now the headband sits low on the back of my head and fits as it should. The design is obviously for the oriental style head shape IMO. Wanted to post since this is a common complaint.

“Oriental style head shape” are you kidding me? Wow

Reactions: JoKhool
I took that puppy off and it fits MUCH better! Thanks for the tip!

I still cant seem to find the screws is it in the headband itself? Does anyone have any photos?

can someone please upload a photo of where the screws are to remove the top of the headband for a better fit. I cant seem to find them.

Thanks!

I removed the extra head rest on my goggles too. Made a difference, I was about ready to send them back since they didn't seem to fit my head. I can flip them up/down with one hand now without knocking them off my head.
The primary foam headband can be pushed down/pulled back, in my case it did pull the glue line (see second photo) but it didn't affect foam. Foam will go back into place after you let go.goggle headband screws.pnggoggle headband screws tab.png

Reactions: sbrooker
Thanks! i was afraid of pulling the foam back too much. I found the screws and removed it. The top crown seemed to go into my head before the front of the band did. I think my head is just a little too pointy for the top piece, I wish it was adjustable. After removing it, I did find that the googles do wobble a little more when moving my head and they would want to fall straight through if I am not careful. It does seem like an improvement but at the cost of it being less stable on your head. Thanks again for showing me where that was!

I pealed the foam off the plastic piece and now with no foam it let’s the headband ride lower on my head without falling any lower. Wish I’d of know this because it’s not attractive [emoji37]
Maybe I can sell them after all if I can buy this part.

Reactions: RollingRob
img_1578-jpg.35891
img_1579-jpg.35892
img_1580-jpg.35893
img_1581-jpg.35894

This is how I fit my chin strap for my goggle. Valcro and strap from a used bicycle helmet. Works Great without worry of the goggle falling off or flipping up your goggle up right to see the real world. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 388
  • IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 396
  • IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: CarlStarke
I removed the extra head rest - thanks freebird! - and instantly the goggles fit better and weren't falling off whenever the goggles were flipped up. The goggles were all but useless before. But it's still not perfect now; I might try Aloha_MavicPro's strap solution. You want the goggles to be comfortable, but first they have to be secure. You certainly can't be messing around with goggle fit when the mavic is in the air!

And I think that with respect to head shape, instead of using "not normal" or "oriental" or "come on man", we can safely substitute the words "not my" head shape into the discussion. So now I can definitively say that the stock goggles were not designed for MY head shape.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi